Past

The small trip of Tomioka Giyuu and his future self. 

(It's a small tale of Giyuu's dream/vision in her first life. An extra chapter if you wish to skip it.) 

_____ 

From when he was 13 to 25, twelve years of experience had gone by. Giyuu was quite... irritated at herself from the past, for he had not talked to anyone, and it truly was a miracle that he knew so much. 

Though at first, not all hope was lost for she had yet to know that he was, well, she was too at some point, but he certainly was worse at talking or reading the mood, at all. 

It pained her to see their first interactions. 

Maybe being a girl was the punishment of such behavior, though she certainly had no idea what the gods would gain from this. It's not bad, just... odd. Why couldn't she stay as a boy? Will she switch genders if she dies again? Will she not? She was really reading too far into it probably. 

Then an idea came like a flash of lighting, a brilliant one by her part, she pounded her fist in the air with confidence and said. 

"Maybe they will talk to me more if I'm a girl!" 

"You scum, you can't even properly lift a sword." She gave up on that idea upon meeting Obanai in the dream. 

They were both only 16 at the time, since he was a hashira, the water hashira nonetheless, he had to sometimes train others with the same breath, if hashira had time of course, which wasn't always, but a few times they were. 

Giyuu rejected that job a lot of times, too many to count, so of course others came to fill in that spot, as long as Giyuu kills all of the demons that they were tasked with then everything is fair play. 

If it wasn't Kanae the flower hashira, then it came down to her tsuguko, or his own tsuguko, one he didn't have, or the best out of the Kinoe ranks could work too. 

Obanai was one of them, and he was surprisingly brutal, especially with women. 

In the first life Giyuu was able to at least pass by without being hated by default, but if Giyuu was a girl now... 

She pounded her fist in the dojo, she was nothing but a spectrum but at this point it didn't matter, all that did was that she would certainly still be hated by Obanai. It will be even worse. 

But, that's fine right? After all, Obanai always hated me, and it's not like I have to befriend him to save him...Right? 

Besides, the only woman, or person really, that Obanai hasn't hated was Mitsuri, so she was somewhat safe if she befriended Mitsuri first... right?

Giyuu moved on to the next one, or the mist did for her at least. The one who really had a grudge on Giyuu, even after death. 

"Don't touch me Koucho." 

If there was a wish Giyuu could ask for right now, it would be to please help her figure out what Shinazugawa thinks. 

Because this wind hashira had been nice to just one woman in his entire life as far as he's seen, that wasn't a civilian or Amane, and that was Kanae. 

Then again, Giyuu couldn't blame him, she was a literal goddess. From treating patients to fighting, to even the way she looked at you, everything was graceful about her, one would really have to be a true bastard to anger the serene angel that was Kanae. A true bastard she had thankfully never yet encountered.