Makomo

It was already February, the same time of her birthday as if it wasn't ironic before.

Giyuu felt her stomach twist inside once she had arrived at the wisteria mountain. Her eyes started to look around for someone that might have appeared in the dream, or rather, her past life.

Everything felt so nostalgic to her, from the trees full of purple, to the sight of the twenty or so kids all with a few different trademarks to distinguish them, to the woman at the top holding a paper lantern.
She couldn't help but remember all of the gruesome memories that had resurfaced at the scenery. Still she had to keep a straight face.

"The Final Selection..."

Her major point here was to survive, and even if she had to get involved in fighting then around half of the breath users were water breath so she didn't worry about where she could get a blade from.

"Of course it would be a pain if I encountered the hand demon alone."

"Hm? Hand demon?"

A girl with raven short hair and blue bell eyes had appeared behind without her noticing.

I was too concentrated in my thoughts, dammit.

"Hm? I see you don't have a blade with you, did your teacher not lent it to you?" the petite girl said as her cyan eyes traveled to examine her carefully.

"I...I don't have a blade."

"So how are you going to cut a demon's head? The Nirichin blades are the only thing which can kill a demon you know."

"I... just need to survive." While it sounded a bit selfish, that was the only main point in the final selection, in the dream he hadn't even killed a single demon that week thanks to Sabito, and while he did try to find the hand demon it was already too late.

"Well I guess that's true... Say, do you want to be paired up with me once we enter here?"

Just as Giyuu was about to refuse, she noticed the fox mask dangling from the girl's head, it was obvious as to who she was now.

"Yes, what's your name?"

"Oh, right I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Makomo"

"Tomioka Giyuu."

Just as they finished, the young woman of white hair who looked a little older than Makomo, began to talk.

"Welcome to the final selection your goal here will be to survive these seven days. Good luck to all of you."

The final selection had started.

On the first day not much was shown apart from 2 demons appearing, but Makomo had managed to kill them in one technique.

"Makomo, who trained you?" It was obvious by the fox mask and the great reflexes that Urokodaki-San was her teacher, but the silence needed to be broken once in a while, and Giyuu was worried for her old master.

She hadn't known about him throughout all these years, and if her memory served her well, then she should have been training with him now.

Urokodaki-San must have found a better student.
After all, Giyuu had never met Makomo.

"Oh Urokodaki-San! he took me in when my family had just been killed by a demon, and well I tried to train as much as I could from him as a way to thank him and get my revenge."

Giyuu kept on listening the many tales of her and Urokodaki-San as they both ate some berries, warming themselves with the small fire placed in the middle.