two

THE MARK OF THE SUN'S SHADOW CASTED BEFORE THEM BETOLD ALL THAT IT WAS NOON

THE MARK OF THE SUN'S SHADOW CASTED BEFORE THEM BETOLD ALL THAT IT WAS NOON. The pair of elementary schoolers from Fourth Middle School stood in front of one another. It was yet another day in which kids were spared from sacrificing their lunch money from what they assumed was Draken's good mood.

When in reality, a rather short bleached blonde who hadn't yet hit her growth spurt held out a blue ribbon tied box in front of the boy.

They stood on the third floor of the school, in front of the shut down bathrooms that had gone out of use when last year some of the seventh years had played a prank with a coke bottle and mentos throughout all the toilets, nearly flooding the entire floor, causing the walls to mold and forcing the school to shut down school for some time.

"What the hell is this!?" He yapped.

Anari puffed out her cheeks, picking the ear wax from her ears lazily. "Oi! I know you can hear me dammit! Did you switch your lunch with mine or somethin'?!"

Today, Draken's lunch was not the usual four stacked bento boxes it was-- but rather two. His lunch was cut in half. There were instances Draken would understand if she was short on money and food at home-- but considering her brother was halfway across the country with his own buddies-- meaning she was home alone, it'd mean she had plenty of both food and money scavenging around at home.

The more Draken looked down on the girl, the more she seemed to ignore him, until he bent over.

"You need to stop growing!" Anari pointed her finger at him accusingly.

Draken twitched in annoyance. "You see this damn dragon tattoo? Don't forget I can send you flying out that window!" He held up his fist, but Anari stuck out a colorful finger at him-- one Draken had taught her just a while back. And one he regret teaching.

"Hey! You don't use that finger at me!"

"But you told me to use it to people who pissed me off." Anari replied mischievously.

He tousled the hair at the top of his head whilst gritting his teeth.

Nine year old Draken was an easily temperamental child, which matched his cousin. Little to no one knew that the two were related, which was for the better good, incase Anari was caught up in Draken's business with other middle school delinquents.

Although Anari at first glance seemed the most rational of the two, it was just a farce. She easily threw tantrums and when she did so, she didn't like being interrupted, for the tantrum could go one to two ways. The first instance would be a bubbling rage of silence waiting to be popped, and the second would be screaming right off the bat.

At school however, she had a clean record as a teacher's pet who would even stay afterschool to help grade papers. Secretly, if people paid her, she would bump their grade up a bit.