six

DAGGERS OF JEALOUSY EYED EVERY HOLLOW DROPLET OF PITTER PATTER RAIN WHILE LIGHTNING DANCED ACROSS THE DREARY SKY

DAGGERS OF JEALOUSY EYED EVERY HOLLOW DROPLET OF PITTER PATTER RAIN WHILE LIGHTNING DANCED ACROSS THE DREARY SKY. It sounded surprising didn't it? That a mere twelve year old was envious of an abiotic factor, completely unalive and was run by a water cycle.

It was a mix of envy and distaste. She envied that it was so beautiful, yet hated it because it saw the most vulnerable of human fragments, rainwater that slowly poured down your roof, or slid down your window, it was the eye of a god who Anari lost faith in.

Anari used to love the rain too, until she realized it was like a thick misty fog, perfect for a mask concealed by the sweeping wails of nature. Because that night it was raining, the rain blinded her vision so thoroughly, that Anari couldn't see which way the car her aunt and uncle left in, had gone.

The rain washed away the little chalk drawings on the side of pavements that young Anari dabbled with in the old modest two story home with her once happy aunt and uncle as well as a brother who never returned.

Rain washed away the tears upon her brother's face and it drowned out the brilliance of the sun. It was a typhoon that swept every emotion away, almost as if it hadn't been there or existed in the first place. It both could put out fires or start fires, and was the cause of several disasters.

It was also a sign of a brewing storm.

That and —

The twelve year old girl let out a sharp gasp as the clap of thunder just mere miles away had sounded honking alarms from cars as well as the zipping sound of her power being shut off.

Power outages.

"Crap!" She was home alone that day, Draken was back in the red light distract brothel, and there was no specific planned gathering or meeting with the group.

Anari scoured in the dark for a candle, not wanting to waste batteries on a lamp.

When finding one, she muffled a scream that nearly sputtered out of her cherry lips as the sound of the door swinging open and the sliding chain lock struggling to hold back the intruder surprised her.

"A-Anari..!" The moment her name was uttered, Anari's beck slid down the cabinet doors as she quieted herself. The voice that called her out was that of a male's.

The male, not hearing a reply let out a grunt. "Alice!"

A nickname only Emma created and those within the group of friends they formed would call her. Immediately she had sprung to her feet, scrambling as the mop of raven black hair panted. "Kazutora!" Anari unlocked the door immediately and helped him in, he could barley support his own body weight as she assisted him, slipping one of his arms over her shoulder and kicking the door shut.

"I'm sorry!" She immediately began, for not opening the door right away, but the boy only heaved, waving his hand dismissively, "we're the ones who told you to lock your door more often."