ten

PALE MAGENTA VERMILLION THAT BLED INTO TAWNY BROWN HAIR SWIRLED LIKE A VORTEX AROUND A SLENDER INDEX FINGER

PALE MAGENTA VERMILLION THAT BLED INTO TAWNY BROWN HAIR SWIRLED LIKE A VORTEX AROUND A SLENDER INDEX FINGER. HAIR THAT REPRESENTED THE IMMATURITY THAT SWIRLED ALIVE IN THE SEAFOAM GREEN GAZE, flickering and taunting the wall that she had a staring contest with.

Judging by the unsettling twitch of her nose that occurred whenever another stifled snicker rung out-- said pinkette wasn't in a good mood.

The table was cold as she rested her cheek against it, head turned away from Pah-chin as the rest of the members sat awaiting the arrival of two more people, Kazutora and Baji who were running behind schedule.

The summer of 2003 had an air to it, every second, every hour was poured into the dedication and loyalty that laid in their new founding gang. A chilly breezy day, cloudy with gales strong enough to nearly knock someone over as the howls of the wind brushed against the small café they took refuge in.

"Pah, I'm going to throw your surprise into the damn incinerator and push you in after it if you don't stop laughing!" Anari snapped at him, kicking his leg while the boy continued to laugh, only louder this time as tears sprouted at the corner of his eye. The boy had slit brows matching Mitsuya, and his sense of humor? Broken.

"I-I can't! It's pink! It's a strawberry pink!" Pah-chin slammed his hand against the table, cackling as Anari heard another remark about her new hair-color that not yet anyone else had seen except for the Sano family and Draken. "That's not strawberry you dumbass, it's bubblegum." Mitsuya corrected.

"It's neither! It's blush pink, you both are stupid!" Anari grabbed the clip board and hit Pah over the head, but as she reached over to hit Mitsuya he ducked, scooting his seat backward.

No one said a word about her brother, or the private funeral. Everything was as it should be, normal as could be.

Anari huffed angrily and plopped her head onto Mikey's lap with folded arms and a dazing frown. Mikey who was snacking on a parfait offered a spoonful of the chocolate dessert to Anari in which she opened her mouth and accepted, breathing out a sigh.

Draken shrugged, "I was pretty damn surprised when I saw the new style too. I didn't think you'd get straight bangs." Her cousin cracked, looking over at the girl who was hidden underneath the guise of the tables, using Mikey as her personal pillow.

"I'll wait till my bangs grow out and I'll curtain them and dye it again, screw you Pah." Anari simply kicked her feet up, intentionally using the table as her foot rest.

The clock ticked past for the next few minutes, a quiet and warm atmosphere in which the old man who owned the shop didn't mind their rowdiness and instead he himself was on the verge of snoozing away while reading a newspaper magazine.

Anari herself was on the verge of sleep, turning her head away from the light, embedding it into Mikey's abdomen. Mitsuya stared off at his phone, while Pah's head was tilted back letting out light snores.