three

TWILIGHT DESCENDED ITS BRILLIANCE LIKE A REFLECTIVE SEA OF WARM HUES AS IT TOOK AWAY THE LIGHT OF DAY, SWITCHING ITS PLACE IN THE SKY WITH THE MOON EVER SO SLOWLY

TWILIGHT DESCENDED ITS BRILLIANCE LIKE A REFLECTIVE SEA OF WARM HUES AS IT TOOK AWAY THE LIGHT OF DAY, SWITCHING ITS PLACE IN THE SKY WITH THE MOON EVER SO SLOWLY. The evening crows cawed as they always did at the same hour, flying into the horizon along with the burning setting sun.

Anari sat on the edge of the slope river bank, the world's hues were a magnificent color that she'd never want to miss unless she had to or unintentionally forgot. It was a spot to perfectly view the sunset's reflection of the rippling water underneath the bridge.

Everyone always told her she was too young to be thinking about life, and her only reply to them was that they were too young to become delinquents.

"Whatcha thinkin about Rin?" The voice from above her echoed.

She looked upward to the bridge railing above her head. In an unzipped jacket, a white t-shirt and track pants, the usual attire, as well as the usual lopsided grinning and smirking face. "About how much I want to push you into this river to see if you can swim or not." Anari replied cheekily.

Mikey waved his hand, signaling Anari to move over. She did as warned, and out of nowhere, Mikey had hurled himself over the railing, landing perfectly on his feet in sandals on the patchy grass spot beside the girl. His knees were propped up as he rested his arms on them. "Me, Baji, Mitsuya and Draken made a present for you!"

"Are you here to pick me up?"

Without warning, the blonde boy had tugged her hand, causing her to scramble to her feet as they walked upward. "Look, look~" In an abandoned parking lot, Mitsuya sat on the top of a brick wall, while Baji and Draken turned around at the sudden arrival of the new two.

"You have to go up to where Mitsuya is to see the present!"

It was always an oddity with the four of them, Mitsuya was a rather strong individual, despite his lanky and skinny stature. With one arm alone, Mitsuya pulled her upward without a care in the world. Only then did Anari tilt her head sideways and her eyes widened.

"You guys really are insane but .."

Draken grinned. "Like it?"

With the group of rival middle school boys they had beaten up, bending the boy's limbs and shaping each of them into three letters. Letters that spelled out Anari's shortened name-- also known as the nickname given by Mikey : Rin.

The dot above the 'i' was made using a baseball cap that Mikey grabbed, spinning it around his index finger.

Third Middle School had a group of delinquents who liked to pick fights with everyone, making them an enemy of all. Usually, Mikey would let them slide until he had an excuse to be provoked-- but Baji didn't like the game of patience and instead, when passing by the lot of them in a park he and Mikey used to play with in their childhood, he slugged one, and it started a fight.