fourteen

THE HUMS THAN RAN THROUGH THE BREEZEWAY GALE, LIGHT AS THOUGH DAISIES CARRIED HER LULLABIES, ARMS SPREAD APART LIKE THE SOARING LIBERATION OF HUMMING BIRDS soaking up the emerald green grass that tickled the underside of her arms

Among every pearly white cloud in the sky, there was one in particular that looked like it was shaped like that of a whale. For the tinge of a moment, a stupid smile sunk onto her sullen expression.

The half filipino boy she had met a few days ago burned fresh in her memory. A bitter one. That entire day was defiled.

She and Draken avoided one another like the plague with Mitsuya caught in between. The sun was hidden above the puffs of gas in the air, making it a remarkable day to just lay down on the grass.

Anari sighed.

"That's the fifth time you've sighed in the last ten minutes." The blonde who kept track in his mind slowly lost his attention to the sky and turned over on his side, staring at the side profile of the girl who only had unease on her face.

The grass unfurled itself, slightly folded and trampled from the male's weight as he left his head rest on the palm of his hand, chewing on the end of bahiagrass. As the wind tumbled by, it caused a ripple effect in the grass, shining by the waves.

The sigh was not one of blissful content. But in secret, it ran like trickling droplets of steaming rain down to the furnace of her heart, a ticking time bomb. The way she looked at the sky and everyone else as though they were nocturnal stars in her empyrean sires; every dripping word she spoke with a laugh,

it all seemed like she was a child about to cry .. but never did.

So he'd wait patiently until then.

"Mikey .. Manjirou." Anari remained laying down, but she propped her elbow upward, patting the grass in an attempt to blindly find Mikey's face. After a few more failed attempts, he decided to help her and simply plopped her cold palm onto his outgrown hair that was becoming more unruly by the day.

She had tied it back into a small baby pony tail, making things easier for him.

Her fingers that knitted through his hair had caught the hair tie loose, allowing it to slide out. They breathed familiarity in their lungs, exhaling a ludicrousy of admiration.

What day was it to allow them to have such a peaceful moment?

"All the hair dying, impulsivities like piercings, tattoos, pretending you have feelings toward things you don't, you're running away."

Anari would sincerely like to believe .. wholeheartedly with every ounce that fragmented her being, fermenting it into the brutally strong child she was. She would like to hope with the very sacrilege that held her soul together, that making that single bet with Mikey, wasn't an impulsivity.