Masquerade Party

Caroline's POV
  I woke up, and heard someone knock on the front door. I went downstairs, and opened the door. No one is there. There is an envelope sitting on the ground. I picked it up, and went inside, and closed the front door. I went upstairs to my room, and laid the envelope on the bed. I went to the closet, and put on my jeans, my red tank top, my black heels.

  I walked out of the closet, and picked up the envelope. I opened it, and it read:

    You are invited to the Masquerade Ball at the Abattoir tonight at 7.
E.M.

No full name? Weird? I decided to go, because I've never been to a masquerade ball.

   I went downstairs, and grabbed a blood bag out of the fridge, and drank it. I grabbed my purse, and went out the front door. I got in my car, and drove to the mall.

I parked, and got out of my car. I went inside the mall, and started shopping. I stopped for lunch, and then shopped some more.

   Four hours later, I got back to the house. I got out of my car, and carried the shopping bags upstairs to my room. I got a shower, and then put on my off the shoulder, red, lace, knee length dress, with my black heels. I walked outside of the bathroom, and sat down at the vanity. I put on a Smokey eye, and some eyeliner. I put on the blue butterfly necklace, I had gotten this morning. I grabbed the black masquerade mask, I got, and put it on.

  I grabbed my clutch, and went downstairs. I walked out the front door, and got in my car. I drove to the house. It's in the middle of the quarter. The party doesn't start for another thirty minutes.

  I parked my car on the street, and went across the street to the bar, ' Rousseau's.'  I sat down at the bar, and said, " Bourbon."

  The bartender got me my bourbon, and I took a sip.

  Someone sat beside me and said, " Hey, beautiful. Haven't seen you around before?"

  I looked, and there is a handsome man sitting there. I said, " I just moved here."

  He said, " Well, welcome to the French Quarter. What brings you here?"

I said, " Just needed something different. What about you? How long have you been here?"

He said, " I've been here for 200 years. Born, and raised."

I said, " Cool."

We talked some more, and then he had to leave, ten minutes before the party started. His name is Marcel. It was nice talking to someone.

Ten minutes later, I walked across the street to the huge house. I walked inside, and seen a bunch of people. Wow. This is a party.

I walked over to the bar, and got myself a drink. I took a sip, and looked over the party. When I finished my drink, I turned towards the bar, and got another one.

I felt someone coming up behind me. I turned to my side, and seen Klaus Mikaelson. I haven't seen him in over a year.

He said, " Hello, love."

I couldn't speak, or move. He's here, in New Orleans! I walked out of the party, and went outside for air. I stood there, and he came up beside me. He said, " What are you doing here, Caroline?"

I turned towards him, and slapped him across the face. I said, " You left without even saying a goodbye, to your girlfriend! You didn't even bother to text, write, or call! You just up and LEFT!"

He said, " Let me explain."

I said, " Please, do."

He said, " Let's go somewhere private, where there's no prying eyes or ears."