Silja

Fandom: Valkyrie
A/N: if you haven't read Valkyrie by Kate O'Hearn, I highly recommend it, especially if you like mythology based books like Percy Jackson.

Silja lives with the Dark Searchers, who are the male counterparts of the Valkyrie - the sons of Valkyrie. (Note: Valkyrie sing to dying men and it's mesmerizing. Dark Searchers' voices are powerful enough to mesmerize a Valkyrie, so Odin destroys their voices.)

Silja's mother was a Valkyrie and her father was a Dark Searcher. Her father was the reason Odin decided to take the Dark Searchers' voices. Odin blamed Silja's mother falling for the Searcher on his mesmerizing voice and chose to take that threat out of the equation.

Silja was born with variegated wings that fade from black to white and she has white-blonde hair and dark brown eyes (almost black). Her voice is the strongest in the nine realms, capable of mesmerizing not only humans and Valkyrie, but also the Dark Searchers.

Seeing a similar threat as what had happened with her parents, Odin takes her voice completely, leaving her mute. She learns/creates her own version of sign language.

Her only friend is a young Dark Searcher by the name of Kai with white wings instead of black, who actually makes an effort to understand her. His voice has not been destroyed yet and she constantly tries to convince him to run, but he refuses.

Later, she discovers that he has a twin sister - a Valkyrie with black wings instead of white. His sister - Freya - convinces him to leave with her.

She, Kai, and Freya flee to earth where they meet Freya's grandmother Brunhilde and get swept into a war between the realms.

A/N
I LOVE this series and highly recommend it. The whole idea of Valkyrie and Dark Searchers and how they relate. I'm a little obsessed. 😅
And so, from that obsession, was born this character.