Erika Rothchild/Maroni

Fandom: Gotham

Erika was adopted by David and Anna Rothchild when she was 10-years-old. The wealthy couple were great advocates for helping the orphans and street kids of Gotham. They adopted 5 more kids off the street - Olivia, Camden, Laura, Alex, and Remi - and started an orphanage at the edge of the city.

As close friends of the Wayne family, the Rothchilds spent a lot of time at Wayne Manor. Erika and Bruce were inseparable.

Erika's adoptive mother died three years later and Thomas and Martha Wayne, along with Bruce, prove to be a great comfort to her and her adoptive dad.

When Bruce's parents are shot almost two years later, Erika spends most of her time at Wayne Manor, trying to comfort Bruce.

Her dad steps back from his role in Wayne Enterprises, taking time to mourn the loss of his best friends.

Erika helps Bruce investigate his parents' murder. She doesn't much like James Gordon when she first meets him, warning him to stay out of her way as she searches for answers.

As she gets deeper into the investigation, she gets wrapped up in business with the mob. When the mob war starts. She tracks down Falcone in the hospital. She escapes with him, Penguin, and Gordon, but gets captured by Fish Moony.

Maroni shows up and makes a deal with Fish. Moony negotiates the terms with a gun pointed to Erika's head, noting that Maroni seems to care what happens to her. She gets Maroni to reveal that Erika is his daughter. Her birth mother ran one of his drug houses.

After Maroni leaves her alone to raise Erika, she ODs on the drugs they keep in the storehouse and Erika gets roped into being a drug runner at the age of 6.

Erika attends the gala for the children's hospital with Bruce and Alfred. The Maniax attack, threatening Alfred's life to get to Bruce. She jumps in the way of the shooter to protect Alfred, upstaging Galavan's hero act by willingly sacrificing herself for a mere butler.

Furious, Galavan orders Penguin to dig up dirt on the Rothchild family to lessen her favor among the people.

Penguin reveals Erika's identity as Maroni's daughter, which raises questions among the people. Is she some kind of spy for the mob? Did her adoptive father know? Can the Rothchilds be trusted?

As the press hammer her dad for answers, she decides to hold a press conference to explain everything, telling the reporters that she didn't know Maroni was her father until a few months ago and that she views David Rothchild as her real dad. She assures the people that her dad is trustworthy and only has the people's best interests at heart. This re-sparks the people's favor for the Rothchild family.

Erika notices how much time Bruce is spending with Galavan's niece and tries to warn him about her.

When Bruce is taken, she goes with Alfred, Celina, and Gordon to rescue him.

Fox fixes the computer in the cave and Erika makes Bruce let her help them investigate. They uncover Pinewood and track down Karen Jennings. In the chaos, Victor Fries shows up and attacks them as they try to get her out of the city. She sacrifices herself to save Bruce.

Shortly after that, Theo Galavan reappears in the guise of Azrael and tries to kill Gordon.

When Gordon is attacked in the warehouse the first time, Erika is there with Bruce and Alfred. She sees Azrael coming at him from behind and jumps in the way. Azrael stabs her through the abdomen and disappears. She dies in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.

Her dad has her sent to be cremated and she ends up at Arkham, where Hugo Strange uses her in his experiments with bringing the dead back to life.

She wakes up completely feral, no memory, no humanity, just animal instinct. Her senses are heightened and she attacks anything that moves. Strange sends in over a dozen men to try and contain her, but she slaughters them all, smashing the lights and ripping one of their throats out with her teeth.