Nicole Lewis (Muse)

Fandom: X-men

Nicole's mother was a close friend of Doctor Charles Xavier. When she dies of cancer, her four-year-old daughter Nicole arrives on Charles' doorstep. He gladly takes her in, but gets more than he bargained for when he realizes she has the power to inflict and manipulate people's fear.

Her young age prevents her from gaining proper control of her power, which causes problems with not only Charles, but later with his students.

When she's 9, a strange man comes to the house claiming to be from the future. He brings tidings of the apocalypse. She stows away on the plane when Charles agrees to help the stranger - Logan - try to change the future.

She has some control of her power, but not enough, which scares her.

Ten years after Logan's visit, Charles' school is up and running and growing quickly. The other students are afraid of her. (She's unintentionally caused school-wide nightmares.)

When Apocalypse comes for Charles, she manages to follow them. He decides to break his rule of four and tries to turn her into his fifth horsemen. He makes her stronger and she uses her enhanced power against him, but he proves stronger. He uses her as a hostage in the hopes that she may still prove useful. Blah. Blah. Blah. She helps them defeat Apocalypse and moves on with her life.

And... that's about it.

Ooo... her mom's power allows her to access and navigate the Mirror Dimension. (You know, like in Doctor Strange) She can create portals to that dimension, go in and out of it, and strand people there. 😈 I just thought it was a cool concept so I decided to share it.