Adrina of Felkierna

Fandom: Witcher

The elvin mage Alivandil is injured during a Sintran attack and makes his way to the edge of the Druid's Grove. Dresena - a magic-wielding Druid - sees him and, instead of killing him, as any of her kin would have, she brings him to the elders. The druids reprimand her and turn Alivandil away. They order Dresena to take him out of the grove and leave him to die.

In secret she takes him to an abandoned cabin just outside the Druid's Grove and nurses him back to health. As Alivandil grew stronger, so did their feelings for each other.

Once he recovered, Alivandil returned to his people. Unfortunately, the druids discover that Dresena not only helped the elf, but conceived a child with him. They banish her from the grove, claiming that she tainted herself.

She sends word to Alivandil, who replied quickly, promising to meet her in Felkierna. Before he can leave to meet her, the elves discover their correspondence and have him executed, hanging him up in the woods as a warning to any elf tempted to pursue a Druid.

When Alivandil fails to meet her, Dresena, now 7 months pregnant, goes looking for him. She finds his body strung up and, heartbroken, returns to Felkierna to raise her daughter.

Her daughter - Adrina - appears more elvin than Druidic, but there are tell tale signs of her mixed heritage. Not least of all being, her powerful innate magic.

When Adrina is 10-years-old, angry Northerners attack and kill Dresena for no other reason than she's a Druid.

Adrina flees, seeking refuge first with the druids, who turn her away, and then with the elves, who recognize her "unnatural" features and drive her out of their camp, calling her an "Unholy Child."

She survives for years on her own, until she discovers the last member of an endangered species of monster. She takes it upon herself to protect the greatly misunderstood creature - the last hope for the species.

She hears tales of the white-haired Witcher. Convinced he's the only one who can help her, she kidnaps Jaskier, the Bard, and lures Geralt in. She makes a deal, his help for Jaskier's life. Geralt agrees and she takes him to the cave where the creature is hidden. After some convincing, he helps her relocate the beast to its natural habitat, but she's injured in a burglar attack along the way. Geralt discovers that she isn't human and takes her to a healer.

She wakes up to find Geralt leaning against the wall. When she asks what happened, he explained that he took her to a healer before finishing the mission and finding a safe place for the creature. Adrina shares her thanks and, after confirming with the healer that she'll make a full recovery, Geralt leaves.

Years later, Adrina begins to hear whispers of the fall of Sinatra, its Princess on the run, and a war brewing between Nilfgaard and the North. She leaves her hiding place and soon finds herself in the midst of a vicious battle on Soden Hill. She recognizes the Nilfgaardian soldiers and the Brotherhood of mages locked in combat.

Being mistaken for another northern mage, the Nilfgaardians attack her. She defends herself and slaughters the soldiers that come after her. She unleashes too much power and collapses on the field of battle.

Tissaia finds her and sends her with the rest of the wounded. After deducing that Yennefer is dead, she sees to the injured and questions Adrina about her allegiances and where she came from. Adrina tells her as little as possible and leaves as soon as she's capable.

She makes camp in the woods near a stream - a peaceful place. One morning, as she sits by the river, singing a Druidic song her mother taught her, Ciri finds her. They talk until Geralt returns looking for Ciri.

Later, Adrina follows them back to Kaer Morhen.

Man! I'm really good at making half-baked characters. I get a really vivid idea and start off strong, but then I either lose interest in the character or forget to keep the description up to date and, by the time is get back to it, I forgot where I was going with it. 😅