Via

Fandoms: Five Kingdoms

Via doesn't remember how she ended up in the Outskirts, but she's accepted her fate. She was found by Adam Jones, who gave her a free mark and she worked with the Sky Raiders when she was young and trained up as a Scout. She survived her 100 missions and got promoted to a Spotter.

When Cole shows up with his story of kidnapped friends, she sympathizes with him, going on several missions with him.

Mira is in danger and she helps her, Twitch, Jace, and Cole as they try to escape the Sky Raiders and the King's Legion.

She catches up with them later and helps them defeat Carnag and reunite Mira with her powers.

As they travel through the Five Kingdoms, Via realizes that she can manipulate the shaping in every kingdom, even using other forms of shaping in different kingdoms to some extent. Later, when she meets with Trillian, she discovers this is because she's a Shapecrafter and  tries to suppress her powers, terrified of what she is.

While in Zeropolis, The Hunter captures her on their mission to hijack Joe's prison convoy. He realizes that she can energize any crystals near her a dangerous amount, essentially acting as a walking Harmony Bomb.

When Cole discovers that The Hunter is his older brother, she, initially, hates him for trying to kill/capture them so many times, but, eventually, she and Hunter bond over their capability to use all kinds of shaping.

They split up at the temple in Necronum. She goes with Hunter and tells him the truth - that she's a shapecrafter.

When Enforcers find them in a small town, she stays behind to slow them down so the others can get away. She's captured and they try to use her to find the others. One of the enforcers recognizes her strange shaping power. They send word to Owendell, who orders them to bring her back to Junction.

In order to slow them down, she forces herself into the Echolands where she finds Cole's echo as he and his companions make their way to the Charnel House.

At the base of the Farthest Mountain, she's taken by Sando. Instead of Gamat Rue, they bring her to the Forbidden Temple to meet Nazeem, who attempts to win her loyalty. When she refuses, he locks her in the dungeon until Cole and the others come for her and Mira.

In the Founding Stone, Dandalus explains that her ability is a product of her parentage. Her mother was from the Outskirts, but her father was from Earth. Her mother gave birth to her on Earth, but couldn't stay herself. So, when a Way appeared in the woods behind her house, Via knew exactly where it went and chose to walk through it in an attempt to get her mother back and fix her family. She wasn't a Shapecrafter, she was something more.

When he sends her back to her body, she wakes up ready to fight, but discovers that in the midst of the chaos in the Echolands, Dalton and Hunter had tracked down the Enforcers and freed her.

They check on Jenna, but return to the wilderness of Necronum to keep her safe. When they make their way back to the Temple of the Still Water, Jenna has a message from Cole. They stay put until he shows up to get them.

At the Far North Cache, Nazeem/Ramarro break free of the Void. In desperation, Via asks Cole to energize her power - something she'd made him promise never to do. She takes on Ramarro unsuccessfully. He overwhelms her with his shaping power and throws her into a pile of junk from Earth.

Hunter rushes to her aid as soon as Ramarro disappears, grateful when he finds she's alive.

They go to the castle behind the Eastern Cloudwall where she and Cole take time to recover.

In the 3 weeks after the battle with Ramarro, Via and Hunter grow close. With the Five Kingdoms finally free, Cole and the others from his world prepare to walk the Pilgrim's Path. Hunter asks Via to go with them, suggesting that she may have a life in our world. Via turns down the offer, afraid of what might happen when she goes through the portal, but promises to visit.

Cole says goodbye and tells her that, in the hypothetical future he saw before Ramarro's escape, she had been able to read a message he'd sent from Creon to Necronum. He suggests that somehow her unique ability allows her to bypass the mindscreen that effects anyone who leaves Creon. If that were true, maybe she could find a way to stop them from forgetting the Outskirts.