Nitiri

Fandom: Shannara Chronicles

Nitiri was born 18 years before the first war with the demons. During one of the initial attacks, her parents and her entire village was slaughtered, leaving her and her brother, Reid, to fend for themselves. They join the human army to face the demons. In one of the final battles, she watches Reid die. Allanon saves her life as she says goodbye to her brother.

With the creation of the Ellcrys, a small group of magic users also establish 5 anchors to help sustain the tree's life. Nitiri volunteers to act as one of these anchors. Her and four others are tied to the tree and its magic. They are sworn to secrecy, their thoughts are hidden, and all those who knew of the anchors were killed to ensure their safety.

Nitiri lived the next 300 years of her life on the run, moving from place to place, and always looking over her shoulder.

She can feel it when the Ellcrys is wounded and makes her way to Arborlon. Along the way, she runs into trouble with some trolls. Allanon saves her life again and she travels with him and Wil to the elven palace.

When they find the Chosen dead and the Ellcrys dying, she tells Allanon the truth, opening her true thoughts to him. He decides to keep her close as her life protects the tree - as long as she lives, the Ellcrys cannot die and the demons cannot fully be freed.

They go after Amberle and bring her home to accept the quest to save the Four Lands.

Allanon won't let Nitiri out of his sight, trying to protect her discreetly so as not to reveal her importance.

When the Changeling takes the form of the king and gets Arian to, presumably, kill Allanon, Nitiri retreats to the sanctuary of the Ellcrys, hoping to lay low until she can figure out what to do.

Thankfully, Allanon returns and sets things right. He begins to train Bandon to be the next Druid, but he pushes him too hard and the Dagda Mor takes hold again, making him hurt people.

During one of these fits, Bandon attacks Allanon, but Nitiri gets in the way. Bandon stabs her through the heart. Allanon saves her, but her connection to the tree is broken. She no longer holds back the demons. The Ellcrys can die.

She senses when Amberle enters the blood fire.

She survives the attack of the demons and watches Amberle become the Ellcrys. She leaves Arborlon to live a life without her connection to the Ellcrys.

A year later, the Mord Wraiths come looking for the Shannara. Nitiri tracks down Wil to protect him with her newfound magic. (Her magic is derived from her longstanding connection with the Ellcrys. Even though it was severed, something still remained.)

She lures the wraiths away, but they drive her to Bandon, who tortures her for information about Wil and Allanon. When she's unable to provide anything, he leaves her for dead.

Members of The Crimson find her and, recognizing her as the girl who followed Allanon around in Arborlon, believe she could be useful. (No one ever knew who she actually was. They just believe she was a girl Allanon recruited as his servant.)

They take her to Greymark and nurse her back to health. Once she can move and walk again, General Riga presses her for information, but she refuses. Enraged, Riga imprisons her and uses her as leverage when they finally do catch Allanon.

She escapes with Mareth and Jax when they and Wil come to rescue Allanon.

On the road to Paranor, they face a Dweller, who captures Wil, but they make it out in one piece.

When Wil and Mareth go back in time to find the Warlock Lord's skull, Wil discovers that Nitiri and his father were close friends. She has to leave when the Mord Wraiths show up in order to protect the Ellcrys. Though she tries at first to help protect Shea, she realizes it's too dangerous. If she dies, it weakens the Ellcrys and she can't risk it.

When Wil goes back to the Ellcrys to talk to Amberle, he has to face Nitiri because, after seeing her abandon his dad to the Mord Wraiths, he unintentionally harbors resentment towards her, which he has to face and get over.

The Warlock Lord returns and attacks them while they're hiding in the Wilderun to try and protect Eritrea from her dark fate.

Nitiri tries to help Allanon fight the Warlock Lord, but her magic isn't strong enough to match his and she has to watch Allanon die.

She helps them stop the Warlock Lord from taking over the Four Lands, but they lose Wil in the process.

Nitiri returns to Arborlon and the Ellcrys to try and understand her magic better, since it came from her connection to the tree.

And then the show got cancelled so I'm not sure what happens next. 😡 Maybe I can finish this when I get around to reading the books.