Chapter 3 : the Birth of a Legend

Here's chapter 3!
TW: bullying, suicidal thoughts, swearing, Endevor being an asshole, mention of murder

Izuku knows someone has to act to change hero society, and he's ready to take that role.
———

Izuku had luckily came home before Mom, so she had not worried. He had somehow managed to hide all of his thoughts. He did not  know what to think about all this situation. On one hand, he was glad to know that there was someone on his side but, on the other, he felt like Dabi was not really the type of guy you should trust. He had seen where Dabi lived, the side of town even heroes avoided, everyone had always told Izuku that inhabitants of those streets could not be trusted, that they were all criminals, and whilst Izuku did not have any proof that Dabi was one, he saw how people were scared of him. Still, Izuku kept the phone number, just in case.

It was now the middle of the night and, as usual, Izuku could not sleep. He kept doing researches about heroes, reading old reports and articles. At some point, he started focusing on Endeavor, he had been the No.2 hero for 22 years, and had a lot to hide. Actually, it was not technically hidden, buried in the Internet? yes; hidden? no. Izuku had stopped counting the number of reports where death was mentioned. He knew Endeavor had the highest rate of death in his career — whether the victims were civilians or villains — however, reading the name of the victims, seeing their faces, was something else. Hell, some of the victims were kids! Of course, Endeavor had done public apologies, even if anyone could see that it had been scripted and that he had been forced to do it. If all of the murders — because yes, most of the victims had been killed — were counted by the police, Endeavor would have a bigger criminal record than most of the villains he had defeated.

Endeavor was a villain.

And Izuku could not accept to see a villain as the No.2 pro-hero.

So he opened a blank document on his laptop and wrote everything down. He could not open the lights on and write on his notebook, to not wake Mom up, and he was too scared to see Kacchan destroy it again.

'Endeavor, the flaming villain.

Endeavor has been the No.2 hero for 22 years, however, I doubt the word 'hero' should be applied to him.

As we all know, Endeavor, or should I say Enji Todoroki, has always been known for the way he has always looked angry, aggressive against everyone around him, even his fans...'

And he kept writing and writing, until he could barely feel his fingers. Letting all his hate flow felt good, really good. He wanted to talk about all the things he had discovered the last few days, however he knew no one around him would listen, maybe Dabi? No, he did not seem like the type who liked to debate. Or maybe... On The Reality of Society, it was possible to publish your own article, maybe Izuku could publish what he had written. It would not be the first article about Endeavor but Izuku knew it was the one with the more informations.

It was too late, no one would see the article right now, and Izuku still had to check if everything was okay and put his sources in the end but, tomorrow, he was ready, he would publish his article.

*

The day had been awful.

As usual, of course, even if Kacchan had not really hit him, the others did though, even if they would never be as strong. Izuku had found new red spiders lilies on his desk, he tried to ignore them. His body still hurt from the last day, even if Dabi had perfectly treated his burns — he really was an expert.