Chapter 21 : The Bloody Son

A/N: Heyy everyone! It's been a while
First off, I wanted to wish all of you a happy new year! I don't know how long this story will be but we might also celebrate 2023 O.O

Important! This chapter contains major manga spoilers concerning Dabi, so if you ignored the warning and don't want to get spoiled, it is your last chance to leave.

Warning: huge argument (idk if this needs a tag but I'm putting it just in case), implied child abuse, panic attack, blood, non realistic medicine

"The only thing we share is one last name."

———

"So, what will happen now?" Toga asked.

That was an excellent question, however no one could answer it right now.
Toga, Hai, Izuku, and Dabi were gathered in the latest's apartment, as usual. Hai had come back to Musutafu a couple of days ago, so they had decided to meet together, to set things up and try to chill a little, as if they weren't completely lost on how the next months or years would go.

"We'll see, and we'll improvise." Hai proposed, shrugging.
"Don't worry, ya'll get used to live day to day." Dabi said, as he was lightening another cigarette. "Knowing what ya' wanna do with your life is overrated anyways."

Hai and Toga laughed but Izuku didn't react.

"Karma, you're okay?" She asked, waving her hand in front of his eyes.
"Wh- oh, yeah! Sure! Sorry, I was just- thinking about something else." He scratched the back of his neck.

Everyone looked at him, so he tried to avoid their gaze, he didn't want to have to explain himself.

Dabi grunted, looking away. "Whatever. If ya' nervous to not know how the future'll be, ya' won't survive a year here."

Maybe, in another life, Dabi had become a hero, a rock star, or anything else that wasn't related to the underworld. Izuku felt nervous about him.

He knew

And he wanted to tell him, but he was scared to see Dabi's reaction, to have to talk about what he had read. In a certain way, it would make all of this real, maybe this was what scared Izuku.

He had to talk about it, to wait until Hai and Toga would leave, to face Dabi, look at him in the eyes and tell him everything he knew.

He wanted to hope it would go well.

*

Izuku had wanted to delay the conversation he would need to have with Dabi as much as he could, starting the conversation again and again until, eventually, Hai and Toga had said it was getting late, so they needed to leave before the streets would be too dangerous.

Logically, he should leave too, however he needed to talk to Dabi, and he had to force himself, or else he would never do it.

Now that they were face to face, he had to do it. Dabi didn't hate him, it would go well, he would understand he hadn't planned to find this. Izuku took off his mask, maybe it would at least help him breathe better.

"Oh fuck." Dabi randomly said, looking at Izuku with his eyebrows raised.
"W-what?"
"You're doing the anxious look again, and you're stuttering."
"I've- I've never really stop stuttering..."
"You did, when it's me talking to you." He commented "So, tell me brat, what's wrong?"

And here they were.

Izuku took a deep breath:

"I-"