Chapter 10 : The Bloody Mission

Warning: mention of blood, implied prostitution.

Mom shouldn't worry.
———

"We're fucked."
"Calm down, just tell us what happened." Dabi said, sitting more comfortably on his couch.

   Izuku had asked to meet in Dabi's apartment, with Hai and Toga as well. He was pacing all around the living room — or the small space that was supposed to be one — not able to make his hands stop moving. He tried to explain them what had happened, he ended up muttering. When he was done, after realizing they probably understood nothing, he tried to calm himself to start again.

"So, your mom wants you to invite your friends home, you said you would ask them, to not make her worry, but you absolutely cannot to protect your identity and separate Karma from whoever you are without the mask," Hai simply resumed.
"Yeah, that."
"Just tell her that they, we, whatever, said no," Toga proposed.
"He could, but that wouldn't erase the problem, she would ask again, and we would be in the exact same situation."
"Yeah, when I still lived with my... sperm donor, I never told him about Dad and 'Pa, and he always asked about where I was going. So you should probably find an excuse, and a very good one."
"But I..." Izuku hesitated. "Do I really have to do this? It's already hard to hide thing from her. I just... I hate lying to her..."
"You'll have to one day or another brat, just get used to it."

   Hai was looking deep in thought, they usually had the same expression when they were thinking about an way to show Izuku their hacking skills, it was usually a bad idea.

"We could actually go? Like, Hai and I, maybe? Dabi would scare your mom and the others are too old to make it look believable. If we don't stay for too long, and with fakes names, a bit of makeup and hair dye it could work?"
"Remember you're sitting on my couch, at my place. I can still kick you out."
"Stop arguing you two!" Hai said with a small pout. "Anyways, even if we stayed for 5 minutes, we would know how Karma looks, his name, his mom and his address, it's too dangerous."
"What if we ask Giran to use his quirk on us?"

   Giran's quirk was called 'Muddiness', it was an amnesia quirk, however it only caused the said amnesia five minutes before and after a physical contact between the emitter and the target and :

"Ten minutes is not enough. Also, it wouldn't erase all your memories, just make them vague."
"Now that you say it like that..." Toga looked disappointed that her idea wouldn't work.
"Actually, I know someone with a more powerful amnesia quirk. You could still visit Karma's place, and meet his Mom, but you wouldn't remember anything," Dabi said.

   That did not seem like a bad idea, maybe with a more detailed plan, it could work.

"How much can her quirk do?" Izuku asked.
"Depend of what ya' want. The most she can do is deleting all your memories for two hours and a half, unless her quirk evolved since the last time we met."
"And you think she'd accept helping us?"
"Gimme a day."

*

   Hold waves of memories flew in Dabi's mind as he walked through the alleyway in which he had spent most of his time when he was 18 years old. Faces, words, touches. He hated it, not as much as he hated his old man, but he hated it. A part of him had dreamt of never coming back here, to avoid this place forever, or at least coming back ten years later to burn it to the ground. Yet, he was here. Hoping that his... friend? Could he still call her his friend? was also here. Dabi knew what 'being here' implied, so he did not want to pray too hard.

   Going deeper in the alley, not looking at anyone he met — mostly girls, he could be considered a villain, but he wasn't an asshole, he knew he would scare them, especially if they were in that alley.