Chapter 25 : The Next Chapter

I'm baaaaack

Warnings: implied death and past child abuse, fire

***

Home is not a place, Home is the family in which you feel safe.

Hai had understood this two years ago, when he had finally moved in with Dad and 'Pa. No matter in which apartment they lived, they always felt home. However, leaving a place in which they had created so many memories still felt hard.

"Hai, are you okay?" 'Pa asked, putting his hand on Hai's shoulder.

"Yeah, I, I was just..." They looked at him. "You remember when we pulled an all-nighter here because Dad had never watched any Ghibli movies?"

'Pa laughed. "Yeah... Of course I remember. You knew every line of My Neighbour Totoro by heart."

"And Dad cried while watching Grave of the Fireflies."

Something just hit Hai: this had been one of the only times he had seen Dad cry, the last time had been when... No. He needed to think about something else. Well, it was quite hard considering they were about to leave the place in which they had created most of their memories. Though Dad had- what? maybe a dozen? apartments in or around Musutafu, they usually lived in the same one, since they weren't followed by heroes, it was not dangerous for them. That way, most of Hai's best memories came from this place.

Yeah... Leaving would not be easy...

He packed up the most important things in a couple of bags, destroying anything that could give informations about them — without forgiving to keep all the family pictures in a envelope... 'Pa promised they would hang them all somewhere once they'll be safe.

"Do you have everything?" 'Pa asked, his own bag on his shoulder.

"Yep, I'm ready." They nodded, not wanting to leave, but they had no choice.

Hai knew he would never come back here. The next person who would pass the entrance door would make the apartment explode (thanks Uncle Giran). They were perfectly aware they were doing this to protect themselves, yet Hai could not help the heartache as he looked one last time at this memory box.

They turned the page of their life with Dad. Not that they had gotten used to his death, far from it. However, leaving meant for them that Dad would never come back, no matter how much they hoped and prayed each deity humans believe in, it would never happen.

*

"And I thought I had bad ideas..." Dabi said as he listened to the different plans Izuku showed him.

"It can work, with more preparation and training, it'll be perfect enough to work without us getting caught."

"Oh, I know that. I'm just asking myself when did you fucking consider robbing Endeavor would be a good idea?"

They were sitting on the only couch of the apartment, while some notebooks were opened on the small table in front of them.. Izuku would have to find more chairs if he wanted to make meetings with everyone, one was already planned in two days (they needed to be as fast as they could).

"Actually, we'll give the documents back," Izuku precised, "if we keep them forever, everyone will have a reason to believe we faked them."

"Yep. You're startin' to think like a villain." Dabi grinned. "That's fun."

Izuku prefered to ignore this comment, a part of him still needed to repeat himself he wasn't a villain. He was only doing this for the greater good so could it be really considered as villainy? And, technically, it could not be considered as vigilantism either. Maybe being quirkless had one advantage.