Chapter 26 : The Important Planning

Warnings: past child abuse and past bullying

***

Okay, he could do this.

   Izuku had never considered himself as a leader, being quirkless and bullied did not help him get respected by his peers. However Dabi had kindly suggested that he should be the only one explaining what he wanted to do to Endeavor, since it was his idea. Great!

   Everyone had easily found the adress, Dabi being the first one to arrive because he had wanted to do a check up with Izuku (just a friendly reminder to not tell anything that could reveal his identity). And Izuku had not gotten scared, nope, not at all. Toga had been the next to arrive, mouth still covered in blood, Izuku did not ask questions and simply gave her a wet cloth to clean herself. Hai and Mister were the last ones, and how embarrassing was it to explain them how he had gotten the apartment. He tried to talk as best as he could, but he ended up panicking:

"Hey, slow down. No need to panic. No matter what you're about to tell me, I won't be mad, okay?" Mister said in a comforting voice, as if he could read what Izuku was thinking.

Oh, well, he married Brainstorm, of course he knew how to read people.

"Maybe you could both go somewhere more quiet?" Toga proposed.
"No, no... It's best if everyone knows about it anyways..." Izuku sighed.
"'K. Then sit and calm down buddy, we don't want you to pass out," Hai told him with a smile as they put their hands slowly on his shoulders to make him sit on the couch.

   They all sat or crouched around him, except Dabi who decided to lay against a wall.

"Alright, let's start again," Mister said. He was sitting on his right. "Brainstorm used this apartment to work and be in a calm environment. However they gave the key to Giran because they wanted someone to inherit of-"
"His researches," Izuku finished. "There are dozens, even hundreds, of files hidden in the office about- basically every hero actually."

   Dabi tensed, scared to hear him give example and make the truth about Touya slip up. But Izuku would never say anything, it was not his place to talk about this. He kept talking:

"Giran gave the key to me..."
"And it is the smartest choice he could have either made."
"But if you want- I mean, Brainstorm was closer to you than me-"
"Don't. Giran made his choice, so we need to respect it."
"But-"
"No 'but'. Brainstorm fully trusted Giran, so I am certain he would have approved this choice. His knowledge is in better hands with you than with any of us."
"What he said," Hai added next to them.

   They indeed were not mad. Izuku tried to ask them again but Mister stopped him by telling him how he did not even felt surprised. He knew Brainstorm was a person full of secrets when they met. Had he sometimes wish they had told him more about who they really were? Honestly, yes. He loved him more than everything so of course he wanted to know more about them. Hai preferred to see those informations in the hands of someone who would use them for a good reason, and apparently he was sure Karma knew what to do with this!

"He already did, actually," Dabi looked at them seriously as he introduced why they were here.

  Izuku had easily understood Dabi felt extremely mad at Brainstorm for giving hints on his links with the Todorokis, even though he did not show it much. So, as admirative as Izuku was of Brainstorm, he could understand why his friend (he still doubted of the term) disliked talking about how 'smart' and 'amazing' they were.

"And this is were it gets interesting," Toga said, sitting legs-crossed on the couch.
"Go ahead brat, everyone's listening.

  During Izuku's first year of middle school, the teacher had put them in groups of two and made them prepare an oral project about their favorites pro-hero. Katsuki had already chosen All Might as his subject, his classmates had also taken popular heroes since it was ridiculously easy to find informations about them (ask Karma). So Izuku had proposed his partner to do a presentation about Rocklock, the public did not know him much since he usually worked on underground missions, had never been high in the ranking and did not participate in many social events – though he was still far away from Eraserhead level. Izuku's plan had been ready in seconds and, as he had been about to take his Analysis For The Future N°7 to give himself a quick reminder of RockLock quirk, his partner asked thir teacher if she could do the work alone. The teacher in question accepted, who would want to work with the creepy Deku after all? He ended up doing everything alone and proudly explained how great of a hero RockLock was, however the pride quickly left when he heard all his classmates laugh at him. He had ended up crying in front of everyone, and had gotten a bad grade because of it.   But now, things were different, Izuku needed to remind himself. His friends would listen to him, or they would at least listen to Karma. No one would laugh at him. No one would consider him useless. Everything would be perfectly fine.He could do this.