Chapter One

ELENA STOOD SILENTLY AS Her father threw a glass at the wall

ELENA STOOD SILENTLY AS Her father threw a glass at the wall. It shatter right next to her face causing her to flinch. "Aw, get out of my sight you stupid little bitch. You're not even my real daughter" The older man complained as he turned his back to her.

Elena's eyes watered as she walked down to her room. The room was messy with clothes everywhere and a cracked mirror on her wall. Her mattress lay alone on the floor with a couple of pillows and a black comforter just thrown over it.

The teen girl sat down at her broken vanity and wiped her eyes. Her lip quivered slightly as she stared into the mirror. She felt ugly. Taking foundation she wiped it across her face. Tears fell from her eyes as she continued to do her makeup.

She cursed herself was crying and quickly rummaged through her drawers. Elena smiled grabbing the LSD and putting it on her tongue.

***

"I'm a fucking god, Simon" Elena shouted throwing her head back. "Shhh" Simon laughed, shushing his best friend. "They'll be here any minute" The blonde shook his head. "Oh whatever" Elena frowned pressing her back up against the stall.

The bathroom door opened and the two teenagers prepared to pop out of the stall at any moment. "She reaches from beyond the grave, to make good men her wicked slave" Kate deepened her voice as she spoke to Deena. "Shell take your blood!" Simon jumped out of the stall. "She'll take your head" Elena laughed stepping out from behind Simon. "She'll follow you until you're dead" Simon smirked.

"Wow, you guys are dicks" Deena rolled her eyes dropping her backpack. "We're just having fun" Elena smiled. "It's sick" Deena scoffed. "What? The dude was wearing a Halloween skull mask, how is that not fun!" Simon exclaimed. "People died," Deena said wide-eyed.

"Heather died" The girl emphasized the dead teenager's name. "The dude was probably some sad sack who hated his life just like the rest of us, except he decided 'Hey, why don't I get out of here for good' and 'Hey, why don't I take Heather and a couple mall rats with me'. There's no angry dead witch that made him go postal" Deena raised her voice more towards the end.

"The only thing that made him go crazy is this town!" Deena yelled. "Way to ruin my high, D" Elena rubbed her forehead. "How many times do I have to tell you not to call me that" Deena shook her head.

"Are you okay?" Kate asked, her body leaning up against the window. "Yeah I'm fine" Deena breathed out. "Seems like...maybe you got a little witch in you" Simon smirked slightly. Elena laughed as Simon turned around to grab the box of goodies. "Why are you even in here, this is the girls' bathroom" Deena's mouth was slightly upturned.

"Candy store" Simon smiled. "You know we don't believe this witch shit, right?" Kate turned towards the bathroom mirror fixing her ponytail. "It's just like, fucked-up Santa Claus or something" Kate looked between the group. "Ho, ho, ho" Simon mimicked earning a slap on the arm from Elena.

Deena pulled out a box and tried handing it to Kate. "What's this?" The brunette asked. "I need you to give this to Sam tonight" Deena sighed. "Yeah- uh-uh. No way" Kate turned away from Deena. "Come on, Kate!" Deena groaned. "No way, Deena. I am not getting mixed up in your ex-drama. Do it yourself" Kate pursed her lips.

Elena leaned her head on the bathroom stall and closed her eyes. She getting tired of Deena and Sam's drama. There was always something between the two. Elena tuned out whatever Deena was asking Kate to do and simply imagined herself on a beach far, far, away from here.

Elena cracked her eyes open as Kate took the box from Simon. "I've got something that'll give you the balls to face Sam" Kate's smile was wide as she opened the box showing Deena the drugs. "What?" Deena gasped. "You're dealing again, I thought you'd stopped after this dingus' brother OD'd" Deena scoffed.

"Timothy?" Simon began helping Elena off of the ground. "He didn't like die die. They brought him back" Elena shrugged. "Timmy wasn't a real OD" Kate agreed with Elena.

Elena snorted as Simon mimicked doctors shocking his brother's chest. "You're all morons" Deena smiled slightly. "Excuse me, which one of us is valedictorian, again?" Kate smirked. "And president of every club this shithole has to offer" Elena added to the list of things that Kate was amazing at.

"I'm getting out of here, off to claim my place among the stars, bitch" Kate turned around as a kid ran down the hall yelling.

"WOO! THE WITCH LIVES! LONG LIVE SARAH FIER"

Elena locked her arm with Simons and stared up at him. "We live in a town full of crazies" She sighed. "What's so bad about crazy" He shrugged.