Chapter Three

ELENA STUMBLED DOWN THE STREET In her heels

ELENA STUMBLED DOWN THE STREET In her heels. She had gone to a party and had a little too much to drink. She whistled swinging her purse in her hand as she made it to Kate's house. Knocking on the door she was surprised to see that it was Simon who answered the stood.

"Oh hey buddy" Elena slurred entering the house. "Had fun tonight?" Simon laughed at his stumbling best friend. "So much fun" She hiccuped falling onto him. "Come on, El" Simon wrapped his arms around her waist helping her to the couch. "How many times do I have to tell you to not wear those shorts" Elena threw her head back.

"They're a fashion don't" The girl shook her head. "These are my favorite shorts" Simon complained. "I'm going to burn them while you're sleeping" Elena whispered. "What happened to you? You look horrible" Kate laughed. "Shhhh" Elena closed her eyes pressing her finger up to her lips.

"Riiight, so what happened to the laundry, Simon? I thought I told you to separate them" Kate rubbed her forehead. "Lights and darks, and watch out for stray socks" Kate dumped the basket on the coffee table. "Remind me what's in it for me again?" Simon tilted his head to the side. "Nope," Kate shook her head.

Simon jumped off of the couch and stared at the laundry slightly before unzipping his jacket. "You're still wearing your clothes from last night?" Kate frowned. "Gross, Simon" Elena grimaced. "Did you wear that to the grocery store?" Elena leaned forward.

"I had to work a double shift and this was all I had in the car, so yes, yes I am" Simon took off his shirt. "Woo! Lemme see them titties bitch" Elena clapped at her best friend. Kate's pager beeped and she quickly walked towards the kitchen. "Help me up" Elena groaned. Simon helped her up and couldn't help but notice her shoes. "Did you steal those?" He laughed. "Obviously, I was at a party with Sunnyvale students" Elena snorted.

Kate walked back into the dining room to see a shirtless Simon and a wavering Elena. "Jesus put something on" She shook her head. "What? Make up your mind, woman!" Simon groaned. A window smashed and the group jumped. Slowly the teenagers walked down the hallway to see a guy in a skull mask shuffling through the laundry.

"Maybe this isn't a good idea-" Simon whispered only to be cut off by Kate shushing him. Elena gripped Simons's hand tightly as they stood there. "Hey, creeper. What the f—" Kate began yelling before the two other teenagers pulled her back. "Are you fucking crazy" Elena whisper-yelled. "It's just that Sunnyvale asshole" Kate whispered back. The teenagers peeked around the corner again to see that he was gone. "I think I almost peed myself" Elena leaned her head on Simons's chest. "That's one way to sober up" She sighed.

***

"Kill that pervert!" Kate seethed. "Why would he break in there? I just don't understand what he was doing" Deena shook her head. "Because he's crazy" Elena sighed. "Can I get some of that?" Elena took Josh's' juice box taking a sip.

"He was acting all crafty and shit" Simon leaned on the door frame. "Like going through the laundry" Elena pointed out. "You need to get groceries, man" Simon quickly slid over to Josh.  "We have an incredible sale at the store—" Simon began explaining his sale. "No one cares about the fucking sale, Simon!" Elena leaned back in her chair.

"He broke in the house! He had a knife!" Kate shouted. "Whoa! With the kids there? That's wack!" Josh immediately spoke up. "That's fucking right, Josh. It is wack, thank you" Kate agreed with the pudgy boy. "There were kids there, okay, and what? He thinks because he's balling Sam, he can come prank us on our turf?" Kate scoffed. "Hey, you know what? You're right. Fuck this" Deena cursed. "Fuck Peter!" The curly-haired girl shouted.

"So that's the cunts' name" Elena mumbled to herself. "Hello? Don't forget the most important part. Fuck Sam" Kates's eyes were wide. "Yeah, fuck her. She needs to get her psycho boyfriend in check" Deena frowned.

Deena grabbed the car keys and began walking out the door causing her friends to follow after her. "Wait for me, My toes hurt" Elena complained about her heels. "Seriously, why didn't you change your shoes" Simon turned towards her. "I thought I look good" Elena sighed getting into the car. "I now see that heels were an epic mistake"