Chapter Two

ELENA SAT NEXT TO SIMON On the school bus

ELENA SAT NEXT TO SIMON On the school bus. All the teenagers were rowdy and yelling, including Simon. Elena wondered why she had even agreed to come tonight. "Simon, you are quiet literally yelling in my ear" Elena shoved her friend slightly. "You know you love it when I yell" Simon snorted. "Yeah, totally" she sighed. "And what is with the god awful costume" Elena looked at her best friend up and down.

"What! I think I look hot" Simon defended his witch costume. "Yeah, a hot mess" Elena laughed. "Seriously, the face paint. Not the right move" Elena shook her head. "You can keep your opinion but you're wrong. I look amazing" Simon flipped his imaginary hair. "Riiiight" Elena turned away from the boy and looked out of the window.

The bus ride was long and they didn't get to the vigil until it was dark. The shadysiders and Sunnyvale students stood together not liking it. As the mayor spoke Elena couldn't help but scoff. "It sounds like a load of bullshit coming out of his mouth" Elena rolled her eyes. "The entire town is full of fake bitches, I don't know what you expected" Simon shrugged holding his broom upright.

"You're right. I just hope this stupid shit ends soon" Elena dug her foot into the ground. Suddenly there was a sound of a fist hitting skin. Elena cringed as she turned around to see the Shadyside and Sunnyvale football players attacking each other. "Holy shit" Elena smiled stepping towards the fight.

Simon yelled running at a jock who looked the typical asshole in any 90s movie. The blonde smacked the bigger boy on the back with his broom. Elena stifled a laugh as the Sunnyvaler stood up and turned towards Simon angrily. "You little green pick! Come here, you little bitch! Come here" The yelled running after Simon.

"I don't think so" Elena stepped in front of the boy in red and landed a punch square in the center of his face. "Boo-ya!" Elena yelled chasing after her best friend.

***

"Pieces of shit!" Kate shouted holding ice to her face. "Yeah!" The yelling chorused throughout the bus. "They think they can do what they want!" Kate stalked down the bus. "No!" The students yelled.

Kate was getting the students riled up as Deena lay in the back of the bus. Behind the bus was Sam who's boyfriend driving with skull masks on. The car honked and drinks began getting thrown at the back of the bus. Deena clenched her jaw and grabbed Kate. Both Elena and Simon followed after them to see what was happening.

"Fucking assholes" Elena sighed. "You got to be kidding me" Kate spoke. "Hey, isn't that uh-" Simon squinted his eyes looking at the car. "Sam" Deena breathed out.

The group moved to grab the bucket of punch and Simon pulled his pants down sticking his ass in the window. "Sunnyvale sucks!" He shouted. "Get your ass off the window" Elena smacked him upside the head. "Open the door" Deena commanded. Quickly Elena opened the door and almost fell out in the process.

"This is a good idea, right? Deena?" Kate furrowed her eyebrows and grabbed the side of the bucket. "On three, okay?" Deena sighed. "Are you sure?" Kate asked again. "One..two.." Deena and Kate began swinging the bucket. "Holy shit, your nose is bleeding" Elena backed away from Kate and Deena. "What?" Deena looked up.

Kate and Deena both let go of the bucket causing it to fly towards the car behind them. The car swerved and went into the woods. "Stop the bus!" Deena yelled. The bus stopped and the group quickly got off and Deena was the first to run after the car. "She is totally still in love with her" Elena groaned running after her.

"Sam!"

"Sam, it's me!" Deena slid to her knees checking Sams's wounds. "You look like shit" Elena pressed her lips into a thin line. "Not helping" Deena seethed. "Are you okay?" Deena asked. "I'm so- I'm sorry" Deena apologized to her ex-girlfriend.

"Stay away from her! You bull dyke freak!" The boy in the car yelled at Deena. "Shut the fuck up before I punch you in the nose again" Elena crossed her arms. "Sam, it's me...I'm here" Deena whispered holding Sam's face.

"Did you...see" Sams's eyes were wild. "What?" Deena shook her head. "Oh shit" Simon spoke kneeling in front of Sam. "Okay, we should not be down here" Kate shook her hands. "Shut up, help me carry her!" Deena shouted. "We need to leave like ten minutes ago" Kate yelled. "We have to clear her airway way" Simon put his hand up to Sam's chin.

"Quit it" Deena shouted. "Hey, I got this! Chill out!" Simon defended himself. "I got this" The blonde turned to the other blonde. "How many fingers am I holding up?" Simon held his hand up in front of Sams's face. "Three" Sam breathed out.

"See she's fine" Simon smiled happy that he actually did know what he was doing. Suddenly Sam threw up blood all over Simons's shirt. "Holy fuck! Get up, Simon" Elena hissed grabbing Simon by his shirt.