Chapter Fourteen

ELENAS EYES WANDERED A BIT As the group stayed in the store

ELENAS EYES WANDERED A BIT As the group stayed in the store. A smile played on her face when she saw water. "Water guns, it's genius" Josh smirked. "Where in the fuck did you come from" Elena gasped holding her heart. "Around the corner" Josh stared at the girl oddly. He grabbed a water gun and began imitating actually shooting it. "Nerd" Elena scoffed grabbing her own gun.

Martin pressed a small button causing a fart noise to come out. Both Elena and Josh turned to the man with a straight face. "Aren't you like thirty?" Elena furrowed her eyebrows. "Aren't you supposed to be dead?" Martin looked at her with wide eyes. "Fair enough" The brunette shrugged.

"Seriously" Josh frowned. "Look at this dumbass thing. It's bigger than a tape deck. If you want to hear more than one album, you have to carry all that too. It skips if you breathe on it" Martin shook his head losing a box in his hands. "Then listen to the radio, dude. We have a situation here" Josh stared at the man in confusion.

"Yeah, about that, Urkel. Um...what's really going on here?" Martin placed his hands on his hips. Josh looked up and Elena could tell an idea came to mind. "Follow me" Josh nodded heading towards the food court. "We getting dinner?" Martin snickered. "Yeah, if you enjoy blonde white girls" Elena smiled rounding the corner with Josh.

"Ok. Ok, Ok. Ok!" Martin shifted from one foot to another. "Cool- Cool. There's a half-possessed tied-up white girl" Martin just stayed at Sam tied up. "I need you to stay calm, alright?" Josh pleaded. "I promise we got this all under control" Josh was trying to be as convincing as possible. Martin nodded again reciting 'Ok' as if it was the only word he'd known.

"She's one of them, well save her. We're gonna kill Sheriff Goode and save Shadyside" Josh spoke as Martin looked as if he was going to piss himself. "Ok," Martin breathed out. "Any tips for fighting these things" Martin eyed to two teenagers. "Yeah. Try not to die" Josh held up the water gun cocking at as if it was real. "Come on, Robo-cop" Elena sighed wrapping her arm around the boy's shoulder. "I don't wanna be Robocop" Josh grimaced. "What's wrong with robocop?" Elena laughed. "Everything" Josh shook in disgust. "You are a man of no culture" Elena gasped.

***

"What's this?" Josh eyed the bag Martin got from Sheriff Goode's cat. "Never seen a goody bag? All cops got 'em, for emergencies. This one Sheriff Goodes" Martin unzipped the bag. "Full of useful stuff. There was this one ti..." Martin trailed off as he held a can of spray paint in his hands. "You alright, man?" Elena whispered as Martin was silent staring at the can.

"Son of a bitch" Martin hissed. Martin turned around his eyes zeroing in on the graffiti on the mall doors. "Come on, we should go back in" Elena spoke feeling uneasy about being out in the open. "It's fine, it's not like they're gonna attack us out here" Martin joked. "Skull masking literally killed nurses in a hospital, I'm pretty sure they'll do anything" Elena frowned entering the mall again.

She was suddenly overcome with this feeling of dread. Like something horrible was gonna happen. It was the same feeling she had her last night with Simon. "You good?" Josh turned to her. "Yeah," Elena nodded. "Fine..."

Josh accepted that answer and went off to find Deena. Elena ran her hand down her face. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. Maybe she'd die all over again. But she'd die saving her friends so that's what mattered to her. Deena and Josh came walking back to the group and they looked as if they just shared a major sibling bonding experience.

"Everyone says Shadyside sucks because it's full of shitty people, that bad things happen here because were bad, that we deserve what we have coming. That's how it was for Sarah, and that's how it's been for us. But it's all bullshit. Okay, just because we're weird and smart and different does t mean they can feed us through their meat grinder" Deena spat. Elena smiled as Deena talked. "Not anymore. It's been three centuries. No one else has gotten this far. It stops here...tonight. It stops with us. We're gonna kill this mother fucker. For Sarah, for Kate and Simon. For Cindy. For all of us. For Shadyside" Deena sighed. "Now let's do this" The teen girl smirked.

Elena nodded and grabbed a bucket as every kneeled down. Deena slowly cut her palm. Her blood slowly dropped into the bucket of water. "Let's rock this shit" Elena clapped as the group stood up. Everyone was on the move from filling up the water guns to spray painting the floor. "Josh! Can me!" Elena called out. Josh nodded tossing her a new can of spray paint.

Elena got the wires and began setting up the gates. Did she know what she was doing? Definitely not. But she was winging it. And usually, when she winged it it turned out good. Elena started at the glow-in-the-dark paint being mixed with the blood water.

Elena crouched with her back against the wall. "Okay cut it!" Deena yelled. "Cut it!" Christine reiterated. Martin nodded killing the lights causing the entire place to start glowing. "Sick" Elena whispered with a smirk.

The bells Deena had set up rang and everyone rushed to their places. "Shit is about to get real" Elena cracked her neck setting herself up.

AUTHORS NOTE: okay so the next chapter will probably be the last one😩🤚🏽, god I've enjoyed writing this because it's just reinforced my epic love for Simon.