Chapter Eleven

ELENA CAREFULLY HELD HER Flashlight in her hand as she stalked around C

ELENA CAREFULLY HELD HER Flashlight in her hand as she stalked around C. Berman's house. She had realized what they were doing was creepy but they didn't have a choice. They need to get help. "I'm gonna knock on the door" Elena nodded.

The group split and Elena took a deep breath as she began rapidly knocking on the door. When there was no answer she furrowed her brows and opened the mail slot shinning her flashlight in. She sighed continuing to shine her light through the older women's windows. Elena met up with Josh and Deena as the curly-haired girl climbed through the window.

There was a loud grunt as Deena fell through the window. "Don't fucking move!" The redhead yelled. Deena's head snapped up. "Wait, wait! Stop, please!"

"We called you" Deena held up her hand. Josh and Elena turned their head to a woman who was still holding the knife. The woman's hand slowly dropped to her side. "Why the hell would you come here"

"We need your help" Elena frowned. The teenagers led the women to the trunk of Deena's car where Sam lay still tied up. "No, no- no, no, no" The woman began shaking her head. "You need to leave! Right now! You have no idea what you are doing!" Christine cursed.

The woman turned to leave as Elena and Deena stepped in front of her. "Yeah, exactly" Deena breathed out. Elena clenched her jaw and stared at the redhead. "You are the only person who knows what we're dealing with"

"I don't want that thing near me. Get that car and "it" off of my property" Christina spit. "Her name is Sam" Deena's voice came out harsh. "You could have watched us dead on the six o'clock news, but you didn't. You called us back" Deena stayed in the woman's eyes silently begging her for help.

Christine sighed in conflict with herself. "I can't help you with this!" Christine spoke. Elena grabbed the woman forcing her to look at her. "You are our last chance! The witch—" Christine cut off Elena throwing her arms up and walking away. "No, I'm sorry" She shook her head.

"My girlfriend is possessed by her and tied up in a trunk, but you...you saw her and survived. What was different? Please." Deena swallowed the lump in her throat. "Maybe something happened to you, something that can help us stop her" The girl's voice was shaky.

Elena was growing impatient as Christina continued to refuse to help them. "There's not! You can't stop her. Run, as far as you can, fast as you can! That is your only chance" Christina scrunched up her face as she stomped past the teens.

"I can't run! I'm done running! My boyfriend died. My best friend died. I have three people left and it's about to be two, and I just can't deal with that because I think I might lose my mind. So you do not get to walk away from me, right now. You are going to help us or so help me god I'll kill you before the witch can!" Elena snapped at the woman. "Please" Elena's head dropped as she closed her eyes.

"Just keep her away from Major Tom" Christina turned on her heels walking towards her house. Elena let out a sigh of relief as she went to help Josh get Sam in the house. The group struggled to hold Sam still as she kept thrashing making it almost impossible to tie her to the heater.

Elena leaned back out of breath as she exited the bathroom, Sam finally tied down. Deena cleared her throat startling Christine. Elena made a face when she saw the entire room was filled with clocks and timers. She found it weird but then again this woman was believed to be crazy when she went spouting off about seeing a witch and a curse on Shadyside.

"It's completely fine. She's tied up in the bathroom, so she, like, totally can't leave now, we're cool" Josh gave an awkward smile as Elena shook her head. Josh was not good in high-pressure situations unless he was playing a video game and Elena knew that.

Sam roared causing everyone to look down the hallway. "Yep, cool" Josh confirmed. "Take a seat" Christine gestured to anywhere as she sat in her recliner. Christine held a ragged book in her hands, flipping through the pages. "In Shadyside, the past is never really past. This was..." Christine paused. "July 12th, the summer of 1978. On the first day of camp" Christina placed a photo in front of the teens.

"A week later, my sister was dead."