☆*✿THIRTY - TWO (32)❀*★

♪♪For you, there'll be no more crying
    For you, the sun will be shinning
   And I feel that when I'm with you
    It's alright, I know it's right.♪♪

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ [Songbird] - [Fleetwood Mac]

══════ ✿❁︾❁✿ ══════

 Just in case you're a bit confused later on in the chapter when Esmé relays what Petra told her to Kian. I added something extra to the information you might have previously read in Chapter 28. But so you don't have to go back to it, here's the little snippet.

Petra chuckled dryly. "Oh, she plays a pretty big role. She was a patient Kian was attending to around the time Louis died. She was someone he really dedicated his time to, because of whatever story she confided in him with. Basically, he was there for her like I was there for you but just being a patient wasn't her wrongdoing. It goes a lot deeper than that and it's only Kian that can give you an account of what actually happened but she left him in a mess."

══════ ✿❁︾❁✿ ══════

Esmé and Ronnie got down from the car once they saw Persephone making her way towards them. Esmé searched behind Persephone, expecting to see another figure approaching them. She turned to Persephone with her brows squinted at the lack of any. "Is he okay?" she asked once Persephone reached them.

Persephone sent her a grateful smile. "Yes, he's better. Thank you so much for your help, Esmé. You made a mother have the best day of her life today. Bless you, child." She turned to Ronnie too, with a smile. "And you too, Ronald, for everything."

Ronnie offered her his charming smile. "Anytime, Persephone."

She tapped his shoulder in appreciation before turning to Esmé once again with a smile that spoke volumes. Nudging her head to the path she was coming from, she said, "He wants to talk to you if you don't mind."

"Oh." Esmé's dazed look flickered in the direction, and her heartbeat picked up a certain pace. She turned back to Persephone, who still held a questioned gaze, expecting her answer. "Em, sure. It's no problem."

Persephone's smile increased at Esmé's answer and nudged her forward.

Esmé moved forward, remembering the direction they went through before.

"You sure you don't want me to escort you?!" Ronnie's teasing voice floated to Esmé, drowning her nerves and making her chuckle as a smack and a groan followed the statement.

"I just wanted to help!"

"Well, I believe she's doing fine on her own."

Esmé smiled and took in a deep breath as their argument turned into a whisper the further she walked from them. She allowed herself to be distracted by their voices because she wasn't too sure how to feel about talking to Kian in front of his father, or what to make of the whole situation.

There was little time left to ponder on what to expect as she reached the place, noticing Kian's back. The sight before stilled her movement. It wasn't like he had entirely changed, but the aura around him felt so different. He stood more relaxed than she had ever seen him before, his whole body looked limb devoid of most of the tension that held him down from the moment she met him.

She moved towards him, feeling a lightness in her chest about the change. Once she got next to him, Kian turned to her with a weightless gaze that prompted her to sprout the very first thing that came to her mind. "Funny how all the way, it felt like I was being called into the principal's office."