☆*✿TEN (10)❀*★

♪♪ I can't ask for your permission

I can't wait for it because I was born free

I ain't taking shit

I do what I love and I love what I do ♪♪

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ [ I do what I love ] - [Ellie Goulding] 

══════ ✿❁︾❁✿ ══════

Kian turned off the ignition of his car and sighed as he looked up at his house. The weight of his reluctant promise weighed on his shoulders. He still hadn't thought of how to go about it.

The slamming of doors cut into his train of thought, reminding him he had come home with some other people. He shook his head to shake the uneasy feeling from himself and got down from his car.

"Isn't today such a good day to get off work early?" Petra squealed as she approached Kian who was just getting down from his car and Ronnie who was already by his side.

"I honestly don't get why you had to ask for an early leave for us," Kian mumbled leading them into the house.

"I didn't ask for an early leave for us, Kian. Uncle Hugh sent us home after that seminar. I think he said something about a break?" Petra answered with a chuckle.

"I'm sure Chairman Hudgens said nothing of those words. And what about you, Ronnie? You seem to get a lot of days off these days."

Ronnie loosened the tie around his neck and wrapped his hands around Kian's neck. "Oh come on mate, a day where we get to spend time with Esmé and get you to cook for us. There's everything special about today! Did you really think the moment I heard you guys had left work early, I wouldn't jump at the opportunity to join in?"

"Why did you guys chose today of all days?" Kian asked while he wondered if they knew about the conversation he had with his mother earlier that day.

Petra and Ronnie shared a smile, and that Kian caught. They knew. He groaned at that realization.

Ronnie wriggled his eyebrows at Kian. "Ah, well today just feels perfect, right Pet?"

"Why, yes squirt. You couldn't have said it better." Petra responded, giving her brother a smirk when he scowled at her new nickname.

Kian groaned and removed Ronnie's hands from his shoulder. He opened the door to the house, and they were greeted with a pleasant aroma the moment they walked in.

"Hmm." Petra breathed in, her nose pointed upwards, taking in the aroma.

"Looks like someone beat you to cooking, Kian. Did Persephone come over?" Ronnie asked with a grin. He rolled up his sleeves, ready to devour anything that was being made.

Kian frowned in confusion. Persephone couldn't have come to his home, not so soon. He walked further into the house and noticed the turned on television and empty living room, "Where are Esmé and Lucija?" he asked the siblings.

They snapped their attention from the blissful aroma to the importance of that question. They took in loud television, which was strange for the empty living room.

The trio looked at each other and shared a known expression for the direction of the smell and sizzling sound that came from the kitchen.

"Bollocks!" Kian murmured. They were in the kitchen?