☆*✿THIRTY-FOUR (34)❀*★

♪♪I'm slowly getting closure, I guess it's really over,

I'm finally getting better

And now I'm picking up the pieces

And spending all these years

Putting my heart back together. ♪♪

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ [Over you] - [Daughty]

══════ ✿❁︾❁✿ ══════

The background classical music and ambrosial aroma of the delicacies greeted Kian as he walked into the restaurant. The grandeur of the interior decorations spoke in loud volumes of the atmosphere of the restaurant, matching the type of music they played.

Kian twitched as his eyes darted around the place, searching. Table booths were sparsely occupied and most just had couples who were more focused on the food than their selves.

After he called Kristin and gave her the choice to pick a restaurant for them to pick, he had been very glad she hadn't suggested Silver Palace. While he never introduced her to Persephone, it didn't feel right to have the conversation they were there for in his mother's restaurant.

"Did you make a reservation, sir?" An overly chirpy voice pulled his attention away from the scenery to his side.

Kian turned to the hostess by his side. Despite her tone, she wore a professional smile that made him give her full respect. Her raised eyebrow got him replying to her comment promptly.

"Yes, I do. With Miss Wood?"

"Mrs. Wood would be over..." The hostess turned over, stretching her hands to direct him to the table.

A lady waving her hands in the air to call their attention cut her off. Her lips curved into a smile and her chocolate brown hair bounced as she waved enthusiastically.

"... over there."

Kian gave her a curt nod and made his way over to Kristin. He took in a harsh breath as he made his way over to her. The last time he stared at her, he felt so much anger; he reacted in the least desirable way. While the anger wasn't in full bloom then, there were still ruminants of it there. Conflicting emotions flushed through him even as he stood in front of the table.

Kristin stood up, smoothing her sandy brown floral dress that complimented her ocean blue eyes and hugged her curves. She gave him a sheepish smile, gawking at him till unsure if he was the one standing in front of her with a polite smile. "H... hi."

"Kristin."

She caught herself before she could get lost in the lack of hostility in his voice. Pointing to the seat across from her, she said, "You may sit."

Kian nodded as they both took their sits. A server made his way to them, placing glasses of drinks in front of them.

"I ordered us drinks in advance. Figured a meal might be too heavy for this meeting," Kristin chipped in once the server left. "I got you a ginger beer. You mentioned once about liking it."

"Thank you." Kian raised his glass to his lips. Ginger beer was definitely a favorite for him, but he didn't recall the conversation where he mentioned that to her.

Silence swept away at the table as they both took sips out of their drinks. The reason they were there weighed over their heads, but none of them knew where to start from. After a minute of thinking, the heavyweight in the pocket of Kian's dress shirt reminded him of how he could begin the conversation. He brought the letters out and placed them on the table.