☆*✿ TWO (2) ❀*★

♪♪You're not alone, together we stand

I'll be by your side, you know I'll take your hand

When it gets cold and it feels like the end

There's no place to go, you know I won't give in♪♪

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ [Keep holding on] - [Avril Lavigne]  

══════ ✿❁︾❁✿ ══════

Kian walked into the hospital with a sense of urgency in his stride. The urgency that he considered every doctor or nurse should have with grace. 

There shouldn't be any form of sluggishness or blunders in the profession. It was because Kian had learnt the hard way he came across as harsh towards his fellow associates. He simply wanted to ensure no one else made the same mistake he did.

Which is why he was going to follow through with his promise to keep a close eye on Petra.

The thought of Petra drifted his mind back to the patient in question. He exhaled while he thought of all the complications that they could face with the patient.

No matter what it took, he decided, he would handle it the way he learnt was the best way.

The fierce smell of antiseptic and bleach wafting from bedding filled his nostrils, and he immediately got a particular drive for his work. He glanced around the crowded lobby to see it filled with different patients that were being attended to or required attention. Echoes of grunts and hisses of pain flowed through the lobby along with voices over the intercom calling out codes and directions.

His fast stride towards the lobby desk slowed down the minute he noted four nurses behind the desk, bright and gossiping away.

His eyes squinted in disdain at the scene before him. They were chatting during working hours, early in the morning. 

He cleared his throat to gain their attention.

The lobby went silent as their light chirpy voices instantly ceased the moment they looked up and recognized him.

All the nurses, except the one whose job was to be there, darted away.

"Good morning, Dr Lincoln," the nurse greeted nervously with a strained smile. She adjusted her looks to pass off like she hadn't been slacking off a few seconds ago.

Kian shook his head slightly in disapproval. A pinched, unhappy expression appeared on his face as he peered at the nurse.

Noticing her nerves on edge, he overlooked her. At the minute, he had other things to think about. He ignored her greeting and picked up the pen on the desk to check-in.

Another voice greeting him grabbed his attention. He looked up in the direction of the voice to meet another nurse, who he recognised was not among the ones who had hurried away earlier.

He switched expression from the frown of disapproval to a neutral look, "Morning..." He read her name on her tag, "Nurse Bennet, is there a problem?" his head tilted to the side in inquisition.

"Not so much, sir. The patient in room W-1B is awake," Nurse Bennet explained.

Kian's eyes widened with interest at the new piece of information. He dropped the pen, not sparing the other nurse a glance as he paid no attention to the previous incident any more.

A more vital issue needed his scrutiny. He walked straight up toward his office, past Nurse Bennet to get all he needed.

Nurse Bennet followed him promptly, knowing he would have questions.