☆*✿FORTY-SEVEN (47)❀*★

♪♪ All of the people around us, they say

Can they be that close

Just let me state for the record

We're giving love in a family dose ♪♪

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ [We're family] - [Sister Sledge]

══════ ✿❁︾❁✿ ══════

Stepping into Kian's childhood home set Esmé's pulse ablaze. Her eyes scanned the bungalow as they stepped in, but noted nothing.

Kian halted his movement by her side and dropped their bags onto the floor. He took hold of her twitching hands, forcing her to focus on him.

"Breathe, there's nothing to be nervous about," Kian said with a teasing smile.

"I know. It's just..." She looked away from him and looked around the living room they were in. The cream coloured room was like a mini Lincoln museum with various pictures hung up on all the empty walls.

Letting go of Kian's hands, she stepped further into the room, looking through the pictures with awe. Each picture held a memory of a particular stage of their lives, from the wedding photo of Persephone and Louis to a picture of them holding a newborn baby boy. The pictures went on until one of Kian standing in front of Woodthorpe Hospital.

Standing in front of the museum of memories scratched at her heart, reminding her of the lack of her own memories.

Kian wrapped his hands around her waist from behind, drawing her back to focus on the present. She turned to face him with a sheepish smile. "It's where you grew up. It is a big thing."

He searched her eyes for a moment, knowing what looking at the pictures could make her feel, but at her smile; he placed a kiss on her forehead.

A click of a camera drew their attention from each other, causing them to pull back and turn in the sound's direction.

Persephone stood there smiling at the camera in her hand.

"Mother," Kian grumbled, his hands still on Esmé's waist. "A little warning next time?"

"The ones which are taken unawares, son, are the best ones. This is gold." She said and turned back to go into the kitchen.

She stopped at the door and turned back to the couple, who were chuckling with each other.

"Kian, take your bags to your room and Esmé, darling, come and help me out into the kitchen. Tick, tock guys, we don't have so much time left. If there's one thing the Wilsons are good at, it is keeping to time."

"That they are." Kian chuckled and turned to Esmé. "Looks like we'll have to postpone our brief tour of my childhood home."

"No problem. I'm holding you to your word."

Kian chuckled and picked up their things, letting Esmé join Persephone in the kitchen.

Arrangements of the dishes to be made, along with the clearing of the table in the dining room for the event began. Kian joined them not long after, with Persephone handling the majority of the cooking.

Though it had taken Persephone quite a lot of convincing before she grudgingly accepted, they were certain she was going all out to prove a point from the amount of effort she was putting into preparing things.

Immediately, the bell rang. Kian and Persephone stared at each other.

"Well, there goes peace for a couple of hours," Persephone said and walked into the kitchen, nudging her head to the door.