Chapter 5

Thank you everyone for reading. It means a lot to me. Another chapter today showing the friendship side of the story, but don't worry, I have some cute chapters coming up ;). But yeah, thanks for reading. My friend amytommohayes is writing a student/teacher at the moment as well so go check her out! (It's great!)

Thank you all. Enjoy!!!

Kate's POV.

I woke up with an immense pounding in my head that escalated hugely whenever I tried to sit up. I shouted my mum in a groggy voice to receive no reply. Brilliant. I stretched my left arm out to my bed side table that I couldn't see as I didn't want to move my head. I soon fund my phone after knocking over the lamp and a thankfully empty glass.

I pressed the button at the top of my phone, underestimating how bright it would be. I groaned as the light pierced my eyes but soon got used to it. 3 texts. One from my mum.

"Morning, sweetie. I've had an emergency call at work so I've had to go in early, and I won't be back until late. I put some tea in the microwave fir when you get home and there's some lunch money by the front door. I'll text you when I'm on my way home. I'm sorry. Love you. Xxx" sent @ 3:56 AM

I hated when she had to drop everything for work. I know it's hard, being a single mum and providing for your child but she was so worn out all the time. I loved her for everything she did for me. She'd go out of her way just to make me happy. I pushed my soppy thoughts aside and looked at my other messages. They were both from Rosie.

"Where are you? Xxx" sent @ 9:43 AM

"ARE YOU BEING TRUENT?! Xxx" sent @ 10:16 AM

"Oh, Jeez," I moaned aloud. I noticed the time on the wall and saw it was already coming up to half 10. I'd slept in a lot. Guessing I probably wasn't going to go to school, I attempted to get out of bed. I winced at the throbbing in my head as I stood up and grabbed my dressing gown.

Once I'd finally got downstairs, I headed straight for the medicine cabinet and found some paracetamol. I took it and lay on the sofa, massaging my temples. I felt awful and I ha no idea why. I had no alcohol the night before, yet I had a pounding headache, and felt feverish. I put it to the back of my mind and stuck on one of my favourite programs, Top Gear.

At lunchtime I figured I should call Rosie and tell her what I was doing. I found her number in my contacts and hit dial. "Well, well, well. If it isn't Little Miss. Truent," Rosie answered.

"Hey," I cloaked, my voice dry from not speaking all day. I cleared my throat. "No I'm just not feeling brilliant," I groaned.

"Ewww... I'm not going to catch anything am I?" she joked, holding the phone further away from her face. I laughed lightly.

"No. It's just a headache and feeling groggy. I should be fine tomorrow," I reassured.

"Ah ok. I'll tell the office where you are for you," she smiled.

"Thank you. I'll text you when school finishes," I promised before we said our goodbyes and hung up.

Top Gear was good, but after that I was so bored, but starting to feel a little better which was the main thing. I was counting the minutes for school to be over so I could text my friends, but each second seemed to pass slower and slower. I decided that to pass the time, I should probably do some school work, to make up for missing the whole day. I completed my work on Deborah Tanning just as the clock struck 3:30. I grabbed my phone and text Rosie.

"Rosie, I'm so bored. Are you out of school yet? Xxx" sent @ 3:30

I waited several minutes for what I was hoping to be an instant reply.

"Rosieeeeeee! Xxx" sent @ 3:38 PM

And still I got nothing. Just before I was about to give up and go to bed, I heard a knock at the door. I saddled over, realising I was still in my dressing gown. 'How embarrassing. Do I go and change?' I panicked to myself. The door knocked again so I decided to just open it, to reveal Rosie stood at the door. I gasped and greeted them, opening the door wider to let her through. She handed me a bag as she walked past.

Closing the door, I followed her into the living room. The bag contained paracetamol which was handy as I only had one dose left, a bottle of orange Lucozade and a tin of tomato soup, my two favourites when I'm I'll. I saw her sat down and I smiled. She was so good to me. "Jack and Ryan will be over soon, they just needed to pick up some biology," Rosie smiled sweetly, then bit her lip. Something flickered in her eyes but it was difficult to read.

"Ah that's nice," I said, a hint of confusion in my voice. "Rosie, what's up?" I giggled. She looked up at me.

"It's Jack," she half whispered. I turned my head slightly, indicating I didn't understand. "Were kind of a thing now," she blushed.

"Ohhhhhhh my gosh!" I squealed, walking over to hug her. "It's about time," I laughed.

"And it's about time you and Ryan went out," she teased.

"Shut up! You know I don't like him in that way. He's like my brother," I said, slightly disgusted. She laughed at my reaction.

"Well you know he likes you, right? So who do you like then. You've got to get with somebody sometime!" She insisted, just as the door bell rang. 'Literally saved by the bell,' I thought and went to answer it.

"It's Ryan and your future husband," I shouted through to Rosie which earned a 'shut up' from both her and Jack.

We all sat together, watching films like the other night. Ryan and I watched Rosie and Jack cuddle together on the other sofa, who really were super cute. We ordered Chinese food, the best kind of medicine, before everyone decided to go their separate ways.

I was so glad Jack and Rosie had finally expressed how they really felt about each other, but I was praying it wouldn't spoil their friendship. I sat for a while, thinking back to when Rosie asked who I liked, and realised I had no idea. The only crush I'd ever had was in year 5 on a boy called Nathan. Unfortunately, Nathan moved to Canada with his family a year later so that was me set to be alone forever. People always say that love is when someone makes you happy all the time no matter what. Someone who looks after you and believes in everything you do. Someone you trust and always want to be around, and for some reason, my mind turned to Rob... 'No! No way is it love! Respect and authority is the only thing between us, and that can never change...' I thought.