1.

The Christmas lights were beginning to be strung up all across the town of Davenport, the coffee shops were seeing more business than usual as the cold set in for the winter.

As much excitement as was felt through the town, one Rebecca Quin felt just as much nervousness and dread in her own heart.

As the twenty two year old sat in the small office chair, being watched by the elderly woman with glasses as she signed paperwork something in her heart kept telling her this was not the right thing to do.

She couldn't listen to her heart though, she had to listen to her brain.

She had to give up this child she was carrying, she couldn't raise him or her.. she could barely support herself let alone a child.

She had found out she was pregnant only 3 days prior, and it terrified her from the second the word popped up on the tiny digital window of the plastic stick.

She called a clinic and scheduled a blood test just to confirm it, her next step was calling the adoption agency which is how she got here this Monday afternoon.

"I know this is hard" said the elder woman, Georgia was her name "but you're going to make someone very happy in the end and the baby will be well taken care of and loved"

"I love the baby.. that's why I'm doing this" Rebecca argued, how dare this woman think she didn't love the child she was carrying and that's why she was giving it up

"In your own way I'm sure" Georgia nodded "You should be happy to know we already have a candidate lined up for you to approve and meet"

"Are they a nice couple?" The young woman questioned and Georgia smiled

"It's not a couple at all" she shook her head "tell me dear, you've said you have lived in this area for a few months now.. have you heard of Lopez Enterprises?"

"No" Rebecca shook her head "should I know what that is?" She asked and the woman laughed

"Let's just say, every building you step foot into is owned by this company"

"That is of any use to me how?" Rebecca asked

"The CEO of the company, Ron.. is very sick. So he is trying to prepare his son as quickly as possible to take on the role"

"Okay..."

"Lopez Enterprises is a family business. It was passed down from Ron's father, to Ron, who will pass it down to his son, Colby who will then pass it to the next generation"

"And.." Rebecca was growing impatient with this story

"Ron wants to ensure that Colby has the next generation to pass this company down to before he passes away. He wants to know the company is in good hands with his son and the future generations going forward"

"So you're saying I'm giving my kid over to own a company one day?"

"I'm telling you this to insure you that you are doing the right thing and to let you know your child will be very much taken care of"

As if the day couldn't get any worse, there was a Knock at the door and it opened to reveal the secretary.

"Mr.Lopez is here for the meeting" the small blonde stated

"Of course" Georgia nodded "send him in" she stood from her desk

In walked a man in a black suit, long dark hair perfectly pulled back into a professional updo, He looked rich that was for sure.

Once their eyes met Rebecca's jaw dropped and so did his.

"Oh my god" they both said in unison

"It's you" Colby said

"It's you"