53.

Rebecca watched her husband and daughter sitting on the couch in front of the flat-screen TV, Colby was attempting to show Sawyer how to play video games, and they decided to start with a classic, Mario.

Rebecca made her way around the kitchen, making dinner for her little family as Chase sat at the counter working on the last few pages of his homework.

"Why is she so annoying?" Chase looked over at his sister

"Maybe because she's your little sister, and that's her job" Rebecca shrugged, and he rolled his eyes

"Why does she like him so much? She just turned into daddy's girl as soon as she saw him," he grumbled

"Ya know, you were daddy's little boy as soon as you saw him too.. the second you opened your eyes, you looked directly at him."

Nine Years Ago...

"Do you want more ice chips?" Colby questioned as he swayed back and forth, holding Rebecca's weight in his hands

"I want this to be over," she mumbled against his chest

"It's almost over, baby. You're almost done" he kissed her head

"For a kid who was so determined, causing my water to break a whole month early," she shook her head as she felt another contraction start. "He sure is taking his sweet time now," she grumbled

"He wants to be in control of the situation. He will come out when he's good and ready" Colby kissed her head as her fingernails began to dig into his back

"He's already acting just like you" she shook her head. "Stubborn and not willing to back down."

"He'll back down" Colby nodded. "Once he sees his mom for the first time, He will back down."

"I want you to yell at him as soon as he is out for causing me so much pain," she said through a tear-filled whisper.

"As soon as he's out," Colby nodded.

Five more hours of pain, agony, many ice chips, and a few curse words later.

Rebecca forgot the pain as soon as the tiny cry rang through the delivery room.

"Congratulations, mom and dad," the doctor said with a smile as he suctioned out the baby's mouth.

"You did it" Rebecca felt Colby kissing her head. "Look what you did," he said as the newborn was placed on her chest.

Colby watched the nurses like a hawk as they took his son to the warmer to clean him up and get his weight and initial tests.

He was torn between helping the nurses get Rebecca up and watching his son. He knew Rebecca wouldn't want any of the attention to be on her at that moment, so his son was where his attention stayed.

"Hey, little man," he said quietly as he leaned down to look at the little tufts of dark hair peeking out through the tiny hat on the newborn's head. "You put your Momma through it; you know that?" He questioned, "Keeping her awake all hours of the night with your kicks and making her cry at any second" he shook his head. "You were supposed to take it easy on her.. you've got to treat her better from now on," he continued.

The tiny baby's eyes began to open slowly, his little eyes adjusted to the lights above him as his face scrunched up as he let out a slight squeal and his little arms flailed around quickly as he was startled.

"It's okay little man," Colby said as he placed his finger in his son's hand and wrapped his little around it tightly, and his little eyes opened and met his father's matching ones. "Daddy's here," he said. "Daddy's got you" he leaned down and kissed his son's head gently.

Colby looked back at Rebecca as she was helped back into the bed by a few nurses.

"I can't yell at him" he shook his head. "You're gonna have to be the strict one," he said

"That didn't take long" Rebecca shook her head with a laugh "Daddy's little boy within the first ten minutes."

"Daddy's little boy," Colby looked back at his son with a nod, "Forever."

Rebecca looked at her son with a small smile and then at her husband, arguing with their six-year-old.

"Maybe you should give him another chance. You could learn a thing or two from him.." She shrugged, "but that is up to you" she ruffled his hair as she walked towards the living room with a smirk

She knew her son, and she knew he was just like his father, and if she wanted him to do something, she told him to do the opposite.

"So to move, I gotta use the happy stick?" Sawyer questioned as she looked up at her father

"The joystick, Scout, the joystick," Colby said. "The happy stick is something completely different that only your mother knows about."

"Lopez," Rebecca scolded her husband as he looked back at her with a smirk as she shook her head at him.

Rebecca saw her son walk up to the couch slowly, standing next to her as he looked up at her, and Rebecca nodded with a small smile and a shrug. She felt her son pulling her arm and crouched down next to him.

"What do I call him?" He whispered in her ear, and her eyes met his

"Whatever feels right to you" she nodded

She watched her son walk away from the couch, then walk back, before walking back toward it.

He was just like his father when he worked up the courage for something.

The little boy let out a little frustrated growl as he planted his feet on the hardwood, and his little arms stayed stiff by his sides, his little hands balled up in fists.

"Colby," he said in his most stern voice as the slight scowl on his face matched his father's when he was mad.

Rebecca looked at her son with wide eyes and then at her husband as he turned around on the couch to face the little boy.

"We gotta talk," the little boy glared at him.