29.

Rebecca sat up in the bed in Trevor's apartment as she read her newest book recommended by her therapist. She looked up as Trevor walked into the room after showering in the attached bathroom, and he grabbed a shirt from the dresser.

"Rebecca," Trevor said as he pulled the shirt over his head, and she looked back at her book quickly. "You've been quiet since we dropped CJ off," he said as he sat on the edge of the bed.

She closed her book and looked at him silently, and he did the same, just staring at one another.

"What is it?" Trevor questioned

"Do you think he bought it?" She asked

"Do I think he bought that we have been hooking up?" He asked, and she nodded. "I think he did," he said, "and considering us kissing in front of CJ and then dropping him off with Colby... I love that kid, but he's a blabbermouth. He'll tell Colby he saw us kiss. He probably told him before we were even out of the driveway."

"You have no idea how hard being away from him and then walking back in that house, dropping CJ off and pretending like I don't love him.. it was so hard not to just jump right back into his arms."

"You still love him.." Trevor nodded. "He still loves you. He's so in love with you it's insane... I see the same look in his eyes when he looks at you now that he had when he married you two and a half years ago."

"Thank you.." She nodded "for doing this and letting us stay here with you."

"My job is to protect you and that little boy.. that is why Colby hired me... I'm doing my job," Trevor said with a nod as he stood up and grabbed his pillow from the bed "like every night, I'm right out there on the couch if you need me," he said as she turned the light off "Goodnight Rebecca.." He said

"Night," she said as she settled into the pillow and watched him shut the door.

Trevor and Rebecca had never slept together, and they had never even thought of it. Ever since Rebecca and CJ arrived at the apartment, Trevor had slept on the couch every night and would be awake and up for the day, making breakfast before Rebecca and CJ had even opened their eyes.

Rebecca laid awake that night, staring up at the ceiling in silence.

Little did she know in the house across town, her husband was doing the same thing.

Neither one got to sleep that night.