36.

"What about Elizabeth?" Rebecca questioned as she looked over at her husband as he attempted to make dinner

"That's a girl's name," he said as he looked back at her then back to the pasta he was making.

"Yeah," she nodded, "and?"

"You're setting your son up for a hell of a hard life with a girl's name," he said with a laugh.

"Will you just accept the fact that it could be a girl?"

"No," he shook his head, "because it's a boy, I can feel it" he nodded confidently. "CJ's little brother"

"SCOUT!" CJ exclaimed as he ate his noodles next to his mother

"Where did he come up with this name?" Colby looked at his son

"I don't know," Rebecca shrugged. "He's been saying it for weeks now."

"Name the baby scout?" CJ questioned

"That's not gonna work, buddy" Colby shook his head, and his son looked up at him with tear-filled eyes.

"Why?" He asked as his little voice quivered

"Scout Lopez, Just like Elizabeth.. it is not gonna happen," Colby said

"We can call her Scout as a nickname" Rebecca nodded

"We are not calling him Scout" Colby shook his head

In a perfect world, Colby and Rebecca would have hosted a gender reveal party. It was something that they didn't get the chance to do with CJ, and they always said they would do it with their next child. However, the universe had other plans, Rebecca's mom was stuck in Ireland, Colby's mother was sick with the flu on the planned date, and they would only have Maria and Kent there to celebrate with them.

Rebecca was disappointed that they didn't have a big celebration, but she wanted it to be something special with just herself and her husband, something they would never forget.

After getting their ultrasound done, they had the ultrasound tech write down the gender on a piece of paper in a sealed envelope. Rebecca gave the envelope to Maria, and the chef made a cake for them to find out.

After putting CJ to bed, Rebecca walked into the kitchen to see her husband staring intensely at the cake on the counter.

"What are you doing?" She asked with a laugh as she walked up to him

"I think I see blue," he said with a smile, and she shook her head

"Maria promised me she put enough icing on there that you're not going to be able to see anything until we cut it," she said as she watched him swipe his finger across the cake and gather icing on his finger

"Maria lied to you," he said as he wiped the icing on her nose, and her mouth fell open

"You," she shook her head, "did not just do that" she tapped the icing from her nose

"So what if I did?" He asked with a raised eyebrow

He watched her take frosting on her hand and wipe it across his face.

It made him flashback to years ago...

There they stood, at their wedding reception. After everything they had been through Lately, the two of them thought they would never be able to get married.

Against the odds, they married one another, and they committed their lives to one another. They gave their vows to each other.

This was forever.

As they cut the wedding cake, the camera flashes from the photographers were enough to temporarily blind Rebecca's vision enough that she didn't see her husband gently shove the cake in her face.

"You did not just do that" she shook her head.

"So what if I did?" He asked with a laugh, and she quickly grabbed the cake in her hand and shoved it back in his face

Those photos were some of the best pictures from the wedding, they were some of the favorite ones, and little did they know they would be hanging on canvases in Colby's office years later.

Colby felt himself come back to the moment when he felt his wife wipe icing on his nose, and he nodded as he grabbed the cake in his hand smeared it on her face. The next thing either of them knew, the cake was being thrown back and forth at one another as laughter filled their kitchen.

"Wait.." Rebecca said as Colby wrapped his arms around her and gently lifted her off the ground. "Look," she said, pointing at the cake as he put her back on her feet.

"Oh my god," they said in unison as they stared at the crumbled cake

"It's a girl" Rebecca smiled up at her husband with tears in her eyes, and his eyes met hers, and she saw he had tears in his own eyes. "You're crying too!" She exclaimed

"No, I'm not" he shook his head as he rubbed his eyes quickly. "You got cake in my eyes," he said, and she shook her head as she turned in his arms to face him, and he leaned down to place his lips on hers. He held her there.. just savoring this moment.

This would be one of their favorite moments of their lives.