n

3rd PERSON POV:

Y/N laid in her bed, it was already past midnight and she knew she had school tomorrow but she did not care.

Her mind just kept on repeating the words told to her by none other than Kim Sunoo.

"Y/N, I'm dropping out" Sunoo finally said

"I'm dropping out of trying to get their Love Alarm rung by you"

Her mind was becoming a broken record playing those simple sentences over and over again. And she couldn't get the bright smile he gave out of her head.

She let out a deep sigh as she didn't know what to do. Her heart kept hurting as she wondered how Sunoo must have been feeling.

It hurt her terrible thinking if Sunoo had been hurting in any way just because of her. She wanted to avoid letting that ever happen especially to him.

But she knew that she failed to do so as she remembered two words Sunoo told her during their hug.

"I'm fine"

"You know Sunoo, I was told that if someone says that it's fine, then it's truly not fine," Y/N said as she remembered the words Beomgyu had told her when it comes the saying 'it's fine'

"So why did you lie Sunoo?"

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Sunoo" Y/N whispered out as she felt her heart hurt, even more, the more she thought about how Sunoo might be feeling

However, she wasn't the only one who laid awake that night. Sunoo couldn't seem to have gotten any sleep as his mind was filled with thoughts.

'Was it the right choice?'

'Yes, it was the right choice! It was for her well being'

'She was stressed with this and I needed to back out'

'But what if..?' Sunoo thought as he didn't realize that he already had gotten his phone and was looking at her contact

He couldn't help but think what if. What if he calls her right now, would that change everything for them? It was all a bunch of what-if questions that filled his mind.

And at that moment, he was ready to call her, not knowing if she would answer or not but all he knew was that he wanted to call her.

But even though he felt he had been ready to call her. His finger hesitated over the call button as he stared at her contact.

Sudden memories of when he and Y/N would call, he smiled sadly to himself as he turned off his phone.

'I can't. There's no what if I made the right choice of letting her go'

'I know I made the right choice of letting her go'

'Y/N's and I story has already had its ending and I can't do anything about it anymore'

'There's just no what if's for us anymore' Sunoo thought as he decided that he would not call her even though he deeply wanted to

But he didn't know that he wasn't the only one who wanted to call that night. Y/N was letting out a sigh as she was ready to call Sunoo as she couldn't get him out of her mind.

She didn't know that if she were to call would he answer or not. But she was willing enough to take that risk.

Yet, in the end, as she stared at his contact, something inside of her mind told her she couldn't. She couldn't bother Sunoo this late at night or at all because of her feelings.