Mr. Weasley's Wonderful News

Chapter 1: Mr. Weasley's Wonderful News

When Claire, Ron, Fred, George, Ginny, Percy, and Mrs. Weasley arrived at the Burrow, they found news reporters standing outside their house.

"What's going on?" Fred said.

"You'll find out soon." Mrs. Weasley said.

They pushed through the crowd of news reporters.

"How do you feel about winning?" asked one of the news reporters.

"What did we win, mum?" George asked.

"No comment." Mrs. Weasley said.

They managed to get inside the Burrow without the news reporters coming in. Mrs. Weasley shut the door and glared at Mr. Weasley. He was sitting in the living room drinking a cup of tea.

"ARTHUR WEASLEY!" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed, causing everyone to plug their ears. "I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU NOT TO LET THOSE NEWS PEOPLE COME HERE UNTIL AFTER WE TELL THE CHILDREN!"

"Tell us what?" Ron questioned.

"Yes, can someone tell us what's going on?" Claire said.

"Come sit." Mr. Weasley told them.

Everyone sat in the living room.

"Well," Mr. Weasley began, "I found out today that we're the winners of the Daily Prophet's Grand Prize Galleon Draw!"

"No way!" The children replied bursting with excitement.

"What are you going to do with the money?" Ginny asked.

"You'll probably use it to pay off some debts." Percy said.

"Boring!" The twins said in unison.

"You'll buy a bigger house!" Ron said.

"No, we're all going to Egypt!" Mr. Weasley exclaimed.

It was silent for a few seconds.

"Why are we going to Egypt?" Ginny asked.

"We thought we'd take a holiday to Egypt to visit your brother Bill." Mrs. Weasley said.

"Egypt sounds cool." Claire said, liking the idea. "You know, I heard they have some particularly nasty jinxes on the tombs there."

Fred and George seemed excited about this.

"Then it's settled. We'll be going in a few weeks." Mrs. Weasley then turned to Arthur. "Now, go take care of those reporters."

"Yes, Molly, dear," Mr. Weasley opened the front door and was greeted by several flashing camera lights.

"Mr. Weasley, what are you going to do with all your winnings?" asked one of the news reporters.

"My family and I are going to Egypt!" Mr. Weasley said with a smile.

Well, I would say this is more of a teaser for the third book than a chapter. The next chapter will be about their time in Egypt.