The Quidditch Cup Final

Chapter 15: The Quidditch Cup Final

"She's awake!" That was the first thing Claire heard as she woke up. She opened her eyes to see Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Ginny, Percy, Jason, Professor McGonagall and Professor Dumbledore surrounding her. Claire took note of how she was in a bed and assumed she was in the hospital wing.

"Now, that you're up I'll go owl mum to say you're alright," Percy said in his usual know-it-all voice as he left the hospital wing.

"What the heck happened?" Claire said, as she sat up. "Why am I in the infirmary?"

"Ms. Smith," Professor McGonagall began. "Do you recall anything before you were knocked out?"

The image of Sirius Black pointing his wand towards her entered her mind.

"Yes," Claire said, trying to shake the fear she felt in that moment.

"Do you remember who did this to you?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"Sirius Black," Everyone gasped as Claire said the name. Professor McGonagall paled and turned to Dumbledore.

"We must increase security here, Professor Dumbledore." Professor McGonagall said in a slightly panicked tone. "It is only luck so far that has prevented Ms. Smith from a fate of death. She was fortunate enough that he did not perform the killing curse."

"You're right, Professor McGonagall," Dumbledore agreed. "Tell the staff to meet me in my office. We will discuss our security measures."

Professor McGonagall and Professor Dumbledore left the hospital wing, leaving the Weasleys, Jason, Harry and Hermione with Claire.

"Oh, Claire!" Hermione began crying and practically strangled Claire in a hug. "You could've been killed!"

"Loosen your grip, Hermione," Ron said. "or you'll strangle her to death."

"Sorry," Hermione pulled away from the hug.

"Are you alright?" Ginny asked.

"Just peachy," Claire muttered.

"Glad to see you're alright!" The twins teased, each patting one of her shoulders.

"What exactly happened when you encountered Black?" Jason asked.

Ginny and the twins seemed to have just noticed Jason and said, "Who are you?"

Ron and Harry scowled. "Claire's boyfriend."

"What?!"The twins seemed furious while Ginny seemed to be happy.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Ginny said. "How long have you two been going out?"

"Is this really the most important thing right now?" Hermione said. "What about the fact that Claire was just attacked by Black?"

Claire was glad Hermione had said something because she wasn't ready to tell them about Jason and honestly Jason was the last thing on her mind at the moment.

"But—" The twins stopped talking as they caught look of Hermione's glare.

"Right, uh, Black." George said.

"Yea, tell us what happened." Fred said.

"Well, after I was rudely interrupted by Ron at Hogsmeade," Claire glared at Ron. "I headed back to the castle. I was about to go into Gryffindor Tower when I noticed the portrait was already opened and a white rat came out of it. You know, I think it was your rat Ron. It definitely looked like it. Anyway, I heard the portrait creak open more and when I turned around I saw Sirius Black and he was pointing his wand at me. And then I woke up here in the hospital wing."