Kisses, Feuds, Vinyls, and Brooms

Chapter 11: Kisses, Feuds, Vinyls, and Brooms

Harry and Claire left Hogsmeade neither one talking to the other. Harry was caught up in his thoughts about what just occurred and Claire knew it would be better for her not to say anything until he cooled down. Once they were in the Gryffindor common room, Claire spoke to him.

"Are you alright, Harry?" Claire asked concerned.

Harry didn't say anything.

"I'll take that as a no," Claire muttered.

A few moments of silence passed until Harry spoke.

"Did you know?" Harry said suddenly, a hint of anger in his tone.

"Know about what exactly?" Claire questioned confused.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about," Harry sneered turning to Claire with rage burning green eyes. "I bet you knew all along about Black betraying my parents. I wouldn't be surprised if you helped him get into the castle!"

Claire was taken aback. She felt a mixture of anger and sadness wash over her.

"Are you crazy?" Claire exclaimed in disbelief and outrage. "I would never do let him in the castle! Have you forgotten that he's after me too? I can't believe you would think I would do something like that!"

"Well, I never thought you'd petrify those people and open the chamber of secrets last year, yet you did," Harry said.

Claire couldn't believe her ears.

"Maybe you forgot that tiny little detail about how I was being CONTROLLED!" Claire exclaimed angrily.

Suddenly, the portrait swung open revealing Ron and Hermione. They seemed to feel the tension in the air between Claire and Harry as they were glaring daggers at one another.

"You know what Harry," Claire began. "Talk to me when you actually start making sense!"

Claire stormed out through the portrait leaving Ron and Hermione wondering what they'd missed. As Harry began to calm down, he felt a pang of guilt.

"What happened between you two?" Ron said.

"I said some terrible things and I'm beginning to regret them," Harry muttered.

"What did you say exactly?" Hermione asked.

Harry told them what he'd said.

"I'm so stupid," Harry said.

"Yes, you are," Hermione said looking at him with disapproval. "How could you say such things? Claire would never betray you. And besides Black isn't only after you he's after her too. She wouldn't let Black in the castle. Also, she just found out this year information on her parents. It's obvious that she didn't know anything about Black's connection to your parents until today."

"I didn't mean what I said," Harry replied, "I was just angry that I had to find this out by eavesdropping on a conversation."

"Still, you shouldn't take your anger out on others, Harry," Hermione said. "You could end up hurting people you care about."

"Well, what can I do? Claire's bound to be cross with me now." Harry said.

"Wait for her to calm down," Ron said. "There's no since in trying to talk to her while she's mad. It's like talking to a brick wall."

"Ron's right for a change," Hermione said, ignoring Ron's glare. "Then after she's calmed down talk to her and apologize."

"You make it sound like it'll be easy," Harry muttered.