The Werewolf's Advice

Chapter 13: The Werewolf's Advice

Ever since Claire yelled at Hermione, Harry, and Ron, she hadn't spoken to any of them. She was upset with all three of them and was now spending time with Jason. Which is something she thought would've never happened.

"Are you sure you want to hang out with me?" Jason asked yet again. "I didn't mean for you to stop talking to your friends because of me."

"It's fine, Jason," Claire told him yet again. "You stood up for me with Malfoy and now I'm returning the favor. I just wish Hermione hadn't of gone behind my back and told Harry about our kiss. Ron was extremely angry when he found out."

"Does Ron like you?" Jason asked.

Claire burst out laughing. "No, no, no. It's just that we grew up together and he considers me as his sister. He doesn't want me to get hurt. I'm not blood related to him but I can't imagine how he's going to be when Ginny starts dating—I mean seeing boys."

"So now we're dating, huh?" Jason teased.

Claire rolled her eyes. "No, we're just friends for right now."

"That might change after our date at Hogsmeade," Jason said.

"Don't get your hopes up," Claire said.

The bell rang.

"Shit," Claire muttered. "We're late to Potions."

"Don't worry it'll be alright," Jason said.

"Maybe for you but I'm a Gryffindor and Snape will more than likely enjoy taking points away from me because of it," Claire said.

They soon entered the Potions classroom.

"Mr. Saxton, Miss Smith, you're late," Professor Snape said in his monotone voice. "Sit down and fifty points from Gryffindor."

Jason went to sit down at his usually table and Claire realized she'd have to sit with Hermione. Claire walked over to her seat and took out her Potions textbook as Snape droned on about a Sleeping Draught. Claire and Hermione ignored each other throughout the lesson. Towards the end of the lesson Hermione looked as though she wanted to talk to Claire. However, the bell rang before Hermione could do so.

It was lunch time and Claire wasn't very hungry. She decided to go to the common room and work on some of her homework. However, as she entered the common room, she saw one of the people who she was mad at.

Harry had just come down from the boys dormitory and caught sight of Claire coming into the common room. Claire glared at him and made her way up to the girls' dormitory.

"Claire, wait!" Harry said.

Claire turned around glaring at him. "What?"

"I just— I wanted to say I was sorry. You know, for telling Ron and everything," Harry said. "But I still think this Saxton guy isn't good for you."

"Well, I appreciate your apology and concern, Harry, but as I told Ron I can take care of myself," Claire disappeared up into the girls' dormitory.

Harry watched as she left and then headed to his anti-dementor lesson with Lupin. He was frustrated and angry at the moment. Frustated because Claire wouldn't talk to him and angry because of Saxton. What made Claire interested in Saxton? Harry thought to himself. Claire wasn't the only thing on his mind. Wood had been calling for extra Quidditch practices because the match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw was coming up. To make matters worse Harry still hadn't ordered a new broom and Professor McGonagall had yet to give him his Firebolt back. His anti-dementor lessons weren't going nearly as well as he had hoped. He had been able to produce an indistinct, silvery shadow every time the boggart-dementor approached him, but his Patronus was too feeble to drive the dementor away.