Summer Plans

Chapter 25: Summer Plans

The whole school soon learned of the events that had transpired after the unusual appearance of a blue police box and a not-so-dead Pettigrew. The Daily Prophet seemed to report heavily on the incident saying that Black was more than likely never the murderer and in fact it was Pettigrew. Fudge made a statement saying Sirius Black was going to have a trial and was put on house arrest until the trial.

The last few weeks of term passed very quickly. Professor Lupin had indeed left causing many students to be disappointed and wonder what next year teacher would be. Dean Thomas suggested it would be a vampire.

Claire and Harry were excited for the approaching summer. Harry wouldn't have to deal with the Dursleys the whole summer and Claire was actually going to get to know her parents and uncle. When Claire told Ron's brothers and sister that she wasn't going to be coming home with them, they seemed to be disappointed.

"I'll be the only girl in the house!" Ginny exclaimed.

"There's still your mom," Claire said.

"Oh, you know what I mean," Ginny said.

Claire was then engulfed in a hug by the twins. The twins were fake sobbing and the students nearby were watching the scene.

"Who ever will we use to help with our pranks now?!" George said.

"We'll miss our little Claire-bear!" Fred said through his fake sobs.

Claire was able to get free from their hug.

"Would you stop calling me that? My name is Claire. Just Claire." Claire said a bit annoyed. "And I'm sure Ginny wouldn't mind taking over. Besides, you're acting like we'll never see each other again. Just because I'm living somewhere else doesn't mean that I'm not going to visit you."

"So, you'll be visiting this summer, right?" Ginny asked.

"Of course, I'm not going to leave you all summer to suffer with those idiots," Claire teased pointing her finger at the twins.

"That hurts Claire," Fred said putting a hand over his heart. "Right in here."

Claire rolled her eyes.

"I heard from Hermione that Harry will be staying with you, your uncle, and parents. Is it true?" Ginny asked.

Claire nodded. The twins didn't seem to thrilled by this idea.

"Why is Harry living with you?" Fred said.

"Do you not remember two summers ago when we had to rescue him because there were bars on his window? Harry only has to stay with the Dursleys for the first month of summer and then he's coming to my house for the rest." Claire explained.

"I still don't like the idea of you two living under the same roof," Fred said. "We don't need little Claires and Harrys running around."

Claire groaned. "For the last time, Harry and I are just friends! Besides, after that traumatizing talk with your mom about the birds and bees I don't think I'll ever do anything like that."

"And don't forget, Claire already has a boyfriend." Ginny said.

"Actually, Jason and I, well we sort of had a fall out, I guess," Claire said, remembering her conversation with Jason.

The twins look enraged.

"What?" George said furiously. "What did he do to you?"

Claire glared at both the twins. "It doesn't matter. Just don't even think about doing anything to him. That means you two can't do it, you can't hire anyone to do it, you can't trick someone, and anything else that could lead to you two telling someone to pull a prank on him. Got it?"