The Talk and Egypt

Chapter 2: The Talk and Egypt

Weeks had passed since Mr. Weasley had won seven hundred galleons in the Daily Prophet's Grand Prize Galleon Draw. Tomorrow was the day they would be leaving for Egypt and the whole household was bursting with excitement. Everyone was planning to pack today so all they'd have to do tomorrow is use the Floo Powder to get to Egypt. When Claire and Ginny woke up, they got dressed and went downstairs to the kitchen. As they entered the kitchen, they saw everyone was already eating.

Erroll, the Weasleys' owl, flew into the kitchen, landing on the floor.

"Claire, be a dear and get the post will you?" Mrs. Weasley asked Claire.

"Sure." Claire picked up the owl and put him on his perch outside. She took the letters from him and looked through the stack. There were several for Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and one each for herself and Ron. She handed the letters to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and Ron. Claire then opened hers. It was from Harry.

Dear Claire, 

Well, I guess I've kept the House-elves away from my mail because I received your letter. Ron also told me that you're going to Egypt. Did you hear Hermione's going to France for the summer? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous. I hope you enjoy your vacation in Egypt. 

Your friend,

Harry

P.S. Don't call me on the telephone. Uncle Vernon still hasn't forgotten when you and Ron called me the other week. 

As Claire read the P.S., she remembered last week when Ron and her had called Harry and Ron was literally yelling into the phone instead of talking normally. Harry's uncle wasn't too happy with that. Claire smiled slightly at the amusing memory.

"What are you smiling about?" Fred asked curiously.

Suddenly, George appeared behind Claire.

"How did you-you were just there and-HEY!" George snatched the letter from her hands.

"Oh, that's why. Look, Fred." George handed the letter to Fred.

"Hmmm, it seems we'll have to have a word with Harry when we see him again, George." Fred said.

"Why? He just sent me a letter." Claire said utterly confused.

"Exactly, it all starts with a letter. It seems you'll have competition Ginny." George said.

"No, I won't. I don't like Harry anymore." Ginny replied.

"When did that happen?" Ron asked with his mouth full of food.

"Ronald Weasley! Do not talk with your mouth full!" Mrs. Weasley scolded him as she placed a few sausage links on Ginny's plate.

"Well, when we came back on the train, I actually talked to him and I realized I didn't like him in that way anymore." Ginny said. "Besides I think Claire and Harry would make a cute couple."

"Couple? Hold on-what?" Claire was flabbergasted. "We're just friends."

"Yea, Harry's definitely your friend. Your boyfriend." Fred snickered.

"I'm lost what exactly are we talking about?" Ron questioned.

"Don't you worry your pretty little head ickle Ronniekins," George teased.

"What's this about Harry being your boyfriend, Claire?" Mrs. Weasley questioned placing a few slices of toasts on her plate.

"Harry's not my boyfriend. He is my friend. Just my friend." Claire clarified.