A wingless Bird

I woke up in a soft bed and I was covered in an extreme fluffy blankets. The room had a slight smell of chicken. On top of that, I felt safe and secure. This bed made me want to just lay there and not get up or worry about anything. I still could not help myself but wonder.

Where am I?

I tried to move but I was immediately greeted by pain.

Shit!

They are still shedding....

I closed my eyes and concentrated on my wings that were still hugging myself in their small form.

Only halfway through...

I felt like a wingless bird. With my feathers halfway gone there was no chance of me getting up in the air. Not only that but I felt every single feathers since they were a part of me.

Damn it!

It hurts so much!

Why is it so freaking hot in here?

Trying to move again, I managed to get the blanket off me and sit up. Now I had a much better view of the room I was currently in. One complete wall made out of glass and there was a huge window that was perfect for taking off into the air and fly out of the room or come in here.

Next, there were some drawers and a carpet some other things that were typical for a bedroom and then there were flowers on the night table. Not only that but there was a red feather laying there too.

Hawks?!

I knew I could smell some chicken!

I reached out for the feather and took it from the table but not without regretting moving. The wings that were around me didn't like the motion at all. Multiple feathers began shedding at the same time.

The pain was too much for me. The moment I bent over to get the feather the pain came to me and I fell to the ground on my knees hugging myself close to the ground.

I can't take it anymore!

I need to open my wings!

With that, I let them grow to their full size while also biting my lower lip. It hurt soo much that I would have loved to cry out. The red feather was in my hand and I couldn't help it but holding it in my hands as if my dear life depended on it, I had literally a death grip on it.

The door to the room busty open and I couldn't bother to look up. There was only one person that it could be and in my state, there was no chance of escaping him.

Hawks: Reaper!

Me: Arg....

He immediately came to my side and took me into a hug carefully to say the least since I had now my wings spread open too.

Hawks: Your wings....

I would have loved to get out of this hug but I had no power or the will in me to fight against it. All I could think of was my wings and the pain I felt.

Hawks: Can I clean them?

Me: Huh?

The question took me by surprise and I looked up to him.

Hawks: They are bloody and you still have a very high fever. I sincerely want to help you. So can I clean them with a wet towel?

A fever?!

No wonder it is so hot in here!

This offer doesn't sound bad... I could need something cool to relieve some of the pain.