Chapter 9

I woke up the next morning from a text from Brayden.

-Brayden: Good morning. Can't wait to see you again! One question for you what shoe size r ya?

I had butterflies flutter in my stomach as I read the sweet text message.

- Morning! Can't wait either. If your asking for shoe size for skates I got u covered. I have my own pair I can bring if I need them.

- Brayden : cool bring em with! I'll see you at 11:30!

- okay see ya soon!

I set my phone down on my night stand and quick ate a bowl of cereal. I jumped into the shower and got dressed. I put on jeans and my black Flyers sweatshirt and slipped in to my vans. Let my curly hair down natural and put on some eyeliner and mascara. Grab my purse and skates and checked the time. I had about an hour left so I jumped on the Xbox and waited for Brayden.

I got the door after I heard a knock. I opened it to see a smiling Brayden Schenn. He was wearing athletic shorts, a Flyers hoody and hat.

"Hey come on in." I welcomed him into my apartment. "Thanks are you ready to go?" He asked. "Yup. As ready as I'll ever be." He smiled at my response. He led me down to his truck and we headed to get cheese steaks. When we got there he opened my door for me like a gentleman. We ordered our cheese steaks and sat down at an open table.

"So how are you?" He asked "I'm good thanks. How bout you?" I asked taking another bite of my sandwich. "Good now that I get to see you again". I looked away as heat rose to my face from blushing. He chuckled "So Katie tell me something about yourself." "Well what would you like to know?" "What is your favorite sport?" "Well as you probably know, I like hockey but I play soccer." "Really? How did you get into hockey when you play soccer?" "I started soccer in elementary school. My mom used to play and I was interested in it. I really enjoyed playing and haven't stopped since. On the other hand my dad was always a huge Flyers fan which led to me too becoming a fan. He would always take me to a game for my birthday. I bonded with him through hockey just like I bonded with my mom through soccer."I looked at him and he was just looking at me with a big smile on his face. "What? Do I have cheese on my face?" "No. I just love the way you light up talking about soccer and hockey." I could feel my cheeks turn slightly red. "Sorry I babble a lot." "No its fine. It's cute actually." We both laughed and finished our sandwiches.

We got back into his truck and headed to his practice. When we got there I started to get excited. I grabbed my skates and walked into the building with Brayden. I sat on the bleachers and watched the practice. It was pretty cool to see them practice. After it was over Brayden waved me over. I sat on the bench and he helped lace up my skates even after I insisted that I could do it. He seemed suprise to see that I could actually skate pretty well. "Wow your actually pretty good" "just cause I play soccer doesn't mean I can't skate Schenner". I skated away and heard a few snickes behind me from the those who stayed after with us. "Thats not what I ment!" He said catching up to me. "I know I'm just messin with ya" I laughed. I gave him a playful punch on his shoulder. He grabbed my hand and lead me towards the guys who stayed. "I want to introduce you to some of the guys." "That's cool."

"Hey guys there is someone I would like you to meet. This is Katie" he said to Rinaldo, Raffl, his brother, Del Zotto, Couts, and Simmer.

" So this is the girl you can't seem to shut up about. Glad to finally meet you Katie I'm sure you already know who we are seeing that you are a Flyers fan, or so I've heard from my brother" Luke said making Brayden blush slightly. All the guys snickerd at Lukes comment. "Its nice to meet you guys as well". Brayden cleard his throat to get our attention. "So why don't we play a game of tag while we are all here? Have some fun and see how good you can really skate." The last part seemed to be for me. "Sure I'm up for it. Sounds like fun". The rest agreed. Brayden grabbed my hand and skated away yelling "Lukes it!" I guess that was his punishment for embarasing his younger brother infont of me.

To be continued......