Chapter 14

When we finally got to Brayden's house he help me out of his truck and unlocked his front door. "Come on in and make yourself at home. I'll be right back" he said as we walked inside. I sat down in his couch as he went down the hallway and disappeared into one of the rooms. I looked over at a picture he had on a nearby table. It was a picture of him and Luke when they were younger. It looked like they were messing around on a pond playing hockey. It was a really cute picture, it made me smile. "What are you smiling at?" Brayden said. He was holding what looked like a t-shirt and a pillow and blanket. "Oh I was just lookin at the picture you have here." "Oh yeah that's when Luke and I were younger. We used to skate around on that pond all the time. It wasn't to far from our house. That's where I figured out that that's what I wanted to do. I wanted to play hockey my whole life and hopefully make it to the NHL." "Now look at you. You've made your dream come true." "Yeah I finally have. Hopefully yours does too." "Hopefully, I really hope it works out." " I'm sure it will."
We stood there for a moment just looking at the picture thinking. "oh I thought you might want this." he handed me one of his shirts. Of course is was one of his Flyers shirts which made it ten times better. "I figured you might want something to sleep in and be comfortable." "oh thanks." " You can change in the bathroom. It's the second door on the right." "Okay thanks Bray." I said before I walked away and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. I quickly changed in the bathroom and washed my face at the sink. I'm glad he gave me one of his t-shirts. It's perfect, it falls mid-thigh on me and it even smells like him too. I walked out of the bathroom and into the living room. "Thanks again for the shirt." "Yeah no problem." " I think you just wanted to see me in your clothes." I said jokingly and let out a laugh. "I have to admit you do look good in it." I felt my face grow hot and red. I looked over at the couch to see a pillow and blanket on the couch like a bed. Brayden followed my gaze before he said " I figured I would sleep on the couch and you can sleep in my bed since I don't have a guest room" " No I'm not going to make you sleep on the couch. I'll sleep in the couch." " Your my guest I'm not going to let you sleep on the couch either" He said with a smile. "Fine how bout we just share the bed?" "I guess that would work, only if your comfortable with it" he said scratching the back of his neck. "Yeah that's fine with me. I think I'm actually going to go to bed now. I'm really tired." " Okay I'm going to get a shower quick before I go to bed." "okay night Bray see you in the morning" I gave him a quick peck on the lips before quickly slipping into his room and under the covers. I heard him chuckle as I headed down the hall to his bedroom. I quickly fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
I woke up when I heard the door open. I opened my eyes slightly to see Brayden walk into the room and close the door behind him. Then I fell back asleep.

Brayden's pov
After I finished my shower I quietly opened the door to my room to see Katie sleeping peacefully on my bed. I quietly close the door behind me and looked over a her again. I smiled to myself. How on earth did I end up this lucky. I really like her and hope she feels the same. I haven't been in a serious relationship for almost a year and a half. Even then I never felt like this. I don't think I can say that I love her cause I haven't known her for too long but I do have strong feelings for her. I slipped into bed carefully so I don't wake her up and drifted off to sleep.