Chapter 3

It seemed as though the second period was even more interesting then the first. The number of hits and shots skyrocketed. Towards the middle of the period a penalty was called against the Flyers. Brayden ended up going to the box for tripping. I was hoping the Flyers could kill off this penalty and keep the lead. Sure enough Schenn jumped out of the box just in time to receive a pass behind the defencemen who were near center ice. He sped towards the goal deked and shot sounding the goal horn. Erin and I both jumped out of our seats cheering along with all the other fans. I couldn't help but to take notice that it looked like Brayden was pointing to me from the bench while talking to Simmonds about something.

"Doesn't it look like Brayden is pointing over here?" I asked Erin. "Yeah it seems as though he has been looking over here since warm ups. Maybe he's checking you out" she taunted. "Shut up" I playfully punched her arm. The second period soon ended with the score 2-0 Flyers.

"I'm going to the bathroom" I said getting out of my seat. "Can you get me some water?" Erin asked. " Sure." I made my way up the steps and towards the closest bathroom. I was glad I got there when I did because I didn't have to wait in line too long for the bathroom. I got Erin some water and got us both cotten candy. I headed back down the stairs to our seats. "Look what I got" I said handing her the cotton candy and water. "Cotton candy" she excitedly exclaimed like a little kid. "Thanks girl." "Your welcome, I know how much you love cotton candy."

Soon the 3rd period started. About 7 minutes in Voracek sent the puck top shelf into the back of the net right over Fleury's left shoulder. The whole building erupted in cheers. I started to hope they could just get one more goal then I would win the little game me and Erin had going. Sure enough with 2 minutes left in the game Coots shot the puck and scored. "I win" I shouted to Erin. "You sure did" she laughed.

The final horn sounded ending the game. We stayed for a little and let everyone else leave so we don't have to deal with heavy traffic. "So hows soccer going?" Erin asked. "Pretty good. I've been training really hard." "I bet. One thing I know about you is that you are a hard worker and are stubborn.  Whenever you have your mind set on something you can never change it. I'm sure you'll be in the pros in no time" she reassured. "Aww thanks so much. That means a lot. I'm so glad to have a friend like you" I said. "And I'm glad to have a friend like you" she said hugging me. "Let's go" I said pulling her along with me. We headed towards the parking lot and to her car. "Thanks so much for bringing me to the game." "No problem. It's the least I could do. Plus you have been training so hard I figured you needed a break." She pulled up to my apartment building and I jumped out. "Thanks again Erin I had a great time." "No problem. See ya."

I got to my apartment, unlocked the door and jumped on the couch. I went over all that had happened today and soon ended up drifting off to sleep. A dream of a certain Flyers forward started  to play in my mind.