Chapter 12

I awoke to my phone going off on my night stand. It was a text from Brayden.
Brayden: Goodmorning sleepy head! I was wondering if you wanted to grab some coffee and breakfast with me and then come with to practice?
Me: goodmorning sounds good to me. Where and when?
Brayden: ill pick you up in 30 mins if that's okay? I was thinking we could go to the coffee shop were we first met.
Me: that sounds perfect! Ill be ready and wainting in the parking lot for you. See ya soon! ♥
Brayden: see ya! ♥

I quick jumped into the shower then threw on a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and my black vans. I grabbed my Flyers sweatshirt and phone and headed out the door with five minutes to spare. I only waited 2 minutes till I saw Brayden drive up. I hopped in and we headed to the little coffee shop. When we got there he opened the car door and the door to the coffee shop for me. We both got in line and thought about what to order. I got a medium iced mocha coffee and a plain toasted bagel with cream cheese. Brayden ordered a medium regular coffee and a sausage egg and cheese breakfast sandwich on a bagel. Even after I said he didn't have to Brayden insisted on pay for my food too.
Once we got our orders we picked the same exact table we sat at when we first met. We ate in silence but it was comfortable silence. It felt nice to be able to not have to have a conversation to feel comfortable. We finished our food and made our way to the rink. Brayden started a conversation on the ways there.
"This is nice". "What's nice?" I asked. "This is. Spending time with you. Being able to hang out with you. It just feels perfect." He placed his right hand on my leg and gave me a big smile before turning his attention back to the road. "Your exactly right." I placed a hand on top of his. "This is perfect. I love that we can sit in silence comfortably. Even though we have only known each other for a little, it feels as though we have known each other for longer".
When we got to the rink Brayden went to the locker room to get changed so I made my way to find a seat to watch the guys practice. Luke was the first on the ice. He waved hello and I waved back. Soon everyone else hit the ice to begin practice.
I was watching them practice when I got a phone call. It was from an unknown number. I quick got up and found a quiet place and answered th the phone. "Hello?" "Hello. Is this Katie Carsons?.....