#2 - my prince (D.M)

house-doesn't matter
blood-doesn't matter
year-6th
warnings: sad || tw//death
18/7/21

i was running through the now destroyed halls of hogwarts which once held the most warmth and light i'd ever experienced, they had seen my happiest memories take place but now they're merely crumbling bricks trying to stay put. "DRACO?! BABY WE DID IT! WE WON!" i yell barrelling my way towards the great hall trying to find my boyfriend. he'd promised after the war we'd leave our dark pasts behind us and we'd move, move far far away from here to the muggle world to buy this cottage we saw one time, it had beautiful oak windows and doors and ivy scattered across the front trimmed around the window frames, it was perfect and homely we'd discussed many times how we'd buy it and start our family there out little cottage with our little family.

while fighting against a death eater i constantly reminded myself that we could have that, me and the only person who mattered to me could have that if i kept fighting. so i did. i hurled the doors to the hall open to be faced with the most horrific sight. bodies, bodies everywhere. i wandered amongst the dead and the grieving parents and friends, getting side tracked on my mission to find draco. but that's when i saw the all too familiar bright blonde hair, the same blonde hair i had fell in love with in 3rd year, the same blonde hair i braided constantly in 4th year, the same blonde hair i had "accidentally" dyed purple with the weasley twins in 5th year. he was laid there. he was amongst them. he was amongst the many bodies that i once called friends. he was there. he was gone. the only person i loved was there. another one of the many lives taken, " no no no no no no" i repeated to myself in disbelief, i stumbled over to him, my lover. he looked peaceful, beautiful as always. i feel the flood of tears streaming uncontrollably down my face. placing my hands delicately on the those precious cheeks i sobbed out "baby wake up, please wake up, no no no no this can't be real please, my prince, please, i cant do this without you i cant, WAKE UP" i was clutching his collars almost trying to pull any life left in him to the surface. it was no use, hed left me. his perfect eyelashes which i'd always been jealous of lay rested on his face, those lips which i'd kissed over and over again were now cold, his perfect button nose, his blonde hair, that little scar on his chin he got when he head butted me during in quidditch practice 1st year. "WAKE UP dont you remember, don't you remember our cottage, the one we we're gonna bring our kids up in, the one with the rose bush in the garden, you promised me, YOU PROMISED" he'd gone, my prince was gone.