#28 - keeper (O.W)

house-gryffindor
blood-doesnt matter
year-5th (year above golden trio and year below oliver)
warnings: hospitals?
notes: for the sake of this lets say oliver is in the same year as the twins
15/8/21

i was the seeker for the gryffindor team and we were all sat in the changing rooms before a huge match against slytherin getting a pep talk from our coach, oliver wood. "dont let me down i didnt convince dumbledor to let you all out of class to practice for nothing, remember stay focused and for gods sake use the tactics we learned, we need this, we cant let them win not after last time, were gonna go out there and show them snakes who can play quidditch" the team cheered "and if that fails dont worry too much, Y/Ns our seeker and a bloody good one" he continued winking at me,i blushed slightly. the team cheered as we stood up and headed for the pitch. "olivers in love with you" fred said in one ear "i dont blame him you are a bloody good seeker" geroge said in the other, oliver not bothering to turn around said "i can hear you, you tosspots", we all stiffled laughs. what the boys said played on my mind, did he actually love me?, he didnt deny it. i shrugged the thoughts away as we stepped out onto the pitch.

i was against malfoy, and i knew for a fact his tactic was to use his looks and charming nature to get the snitch. i wasnt going to let that happen, in fact i was going to use his own tactics against him. "did i ever tell you how perfect you are Y/N/N?" malfoy said in an attempted flirtatious tone, i flew closer to the boy and placed one finger under his chin making him look at me " have i mentioned how memorising your eyes are pretty boy?" i whispered seductively, dangerously close to the blondes face. he swallowed hard as i smirked, out of the corner of my eyes i saw a flash of gold and immediately shot in that direction. it took malfoy about 20 seconds to realise what was going on, he flew full speed towards me. i started to lose sight of the snitch just as he caught up with me, malfoy was now flying by my side, we flew past the goal posts and also the keeper, oliver. malfoy smirked as we slowed to a stop, noticing olivers death glare he decided ot play on it "i say Y/N after this match you should come and visit me in my dorm, yanno for some special coaching" he yelled so oliver could hear. i turned to oliver who was staring straight at draco, fuming, quaffle in hand. draco, with a smug look on his face, looked in the direction of my eyes just as oliver hurtled the quaffle towards him. he ducked and the quaffle hit me square in the stomach. it felt asif my ribs had all cracked at once, my hands slipped off my broom as i started to fall to the ground. i heard a few screams before i blacked out.

olivers pov:

i meant to hit malfoy, he was all over her making suggestive comments and i hated it, but i hit her instead. i screamed when i saw the look on her face as soon as the quaffle hit her, i threw it hard, too hard, that pain was meant for malfoy. but then she fell back off her broom and began falling, i had just hit in the girl i like in the stomach with a quaffle and now she was falling to the ground. i tried to fly down and catch her but she had hit the ground. i dismounted my broom and ran to her side, he eyes were closed, her hair in her face. "someone help!!" i screamed, i looked down at her pushing the stray hairs out of the way. "im so sorry Y/N/N" i whispered i held her hand in mine but hagrid had already began scooping her up to take her to the hospital wing. i just stood in the middle of the pitch and looked at her being carried away. her limp arms bouncing with each step, he hair hanging down swaying slightly. what had i done.

Y/ns pov:

i woke up in the hospital wing, the unfarmiliar smell of detergent and hand sanitizer filled my notsrils. i opened my eyes and looked up at the bright lights on the ceilings and winced slightly, thats when i felt movement beside me. i looked down and saw a hand on top of mine, my eyes trailed along the arm to the shoulder to his face, it was oliver. he quickly removed his hand from mine when my eyes met his, "youre awake, are you in pain?, do you need anything?, shall i get madame pomfrey?" oliver said standing up. "no no im fine" i said giggling slightly but groaning again when i felt the pain in my back "oh im sorry Y/N im so so sorry, you fell from your broom and landed on your back, there alot of bruising to your bones, god this is all my fault im sorry, i shouldnt have been jealous of you and malfoy i was trying to hit him im sorry" oliver explained gasping for breathe. "oli its okay it was an accident...did we win?" i asked, he chuckled "god Y/N youre just like me, we won on a sympathy vote" i sighed "oh god thats worse than loosing". i sat up slightly with the help of oliver "how long was i out for?" i asked, his hand was still on mine after helping me "only about 22 hours" he said "WHAT?", "longest 22 hours of my life, i thought id killed ya" he said laughing nervously. "you stayed all that time?" i asked as i turned more to face him. "i couldnt bring myself to leave you" he said quietly looking directly at me. he moved the hair from my face as i continued to look at him, studying his face, his hands rested on the back of my head, i looked to his lips ad leaned in. the kiss was soft and needy, full of desire.

we were interrupted by the curtain being yanked open, "oh youre up wonderful" madame pomfrey beamed. "did loverboy tell you he hasnt left your side?" she asked smilling at me. "yeah he mentioned it" i said turning to look at him, i looked own at our hands which were intertwined, his thumb was softly rubbing the back of my hand without me even realising. "youve got yourself a keeper there miss Y/L/N" madame pomfrey spoke again, we both laughed at the irony, our gazes still fixed to one anothers "yeah i have havent it" i said.