#30 - amortentia (D.M)

house-slytherin
blood-pure
year-3rd
notes: in honour of dracotok being a year old ive wrote that one imagine which we can all remember where Y/N's amortentia smells like draco in potions class :)

22/8/21

i was sat in potions class next to my best friend pansy parkinson, we were both bored out of our minds seen as our friends draco malfoy and blaise zabini hadnt turned up. i sighed and put my head on the table but was immediately scolded by snape "mrs Y/L/N...if my class is that much of a burden to you...then you should have just stayed in...bed, now class...who can tell me what amortentia is". i tuned out of the class discussion once snapes attention was off me, i knew what amortentia was and it was way too early in the morning to listen to hermione know it all grangers voice. pansy and i gossiped for a while but i was again stopped by snape, this time he was calling for the class to be gathered around his desk.

i stood inbetween my boyfriend harry potter and pansy, my head was resting on her shoulder. "mrs Y/L/N...seen as you look especially disinterested...please come up to the front and tell us what you smell" i huffed "certainly proffesor" i said and shuffled my way over to the small vile in a clamp on his desk. i took the cork out of the jar, the room immediately filled with a familiar smell, a familiar cologne. before i could decipher whose cologne was wrapping around my nostrils i was interrupted by the sound of the door swinging open. "nice of you to join us mr malfoy...mr zambini, were learning about amortentia" snape stated, it was at that moment, the mention of his name that it clicked in my mind whose scent i was smelling. it was my bestfriends. it was dracos. i locked eyes with him, he seemed shocked or panicked "what do you smell Y/L/N" snape spoke again, "umm parchement, rain and wood" i lied while still looking at draco, his face seemed to drop when he heard what id smelt. "do i actually smell of wood?" harry asked as the class giggled at his random comment. draco continued to look at me, wide eyed and breathing slightly heavy. i looked over to harry who sent me a wink. he thought the amortentia smelt like him, it didnt, it smelt like his enemy. draco looked at me before turning and leaving the room, i dont know why but i followed him.

i followed him through many corridors while calling his name trying to stop him, he turned into a room. i ran up to the room without checking what it was, it was an unused bathroom, and draco was holding onto the sink breathing heavy. i walked over to him pulled him into a hug, he looked shocked at first at the unfamiliar affection but soon hugged back. i gripped onto him, my mind was racing with questions that i were too afraid to answer, everything was fine with harry but i also had this feeling, this connection with draco, like there was a rope that was tied to our hearts and was pulling up together, when i was with him making him smile i felt happy, i felt complete and when i hugged him goodbye i never wanted to him go.

once draco had calmed down i couldnt help but ask "who did you smell? when you walked in the room" he looked to floor beside us, his grip on my waist tightened slightly. he didnt answer so i decided to continue "would it make someone a bad person if they thought they loved someone but they actually loved someone else?" he looked at me "i dont get you". my hands held tightly onto his shirt "lets say someone says they love their boyfriend but deep down they know theyre lying all along and then they smell someone else while smelling amortentia and they realise that the person theyve actually loved all along isnt their boyfriend, but the person right infront of them". he looked intently into my eyes as if he was trying to piece everything together, something clicked within him and his breathing haltered. he took a look at my lips before connecting his with mine.

butterflies erupted in my stomach, the worries in my mind slipped away as everything started to feel right. the doubts about me and harry all made sense, i was right i didnt love him, i loved draco. my heart had ached for sometime but now it felt warm. my lips which were so hesitant to kiss harrys were moving against draco like it was meant to be. it felt as if the whole world got clearer, everything made sense. draco pulled me closer to him, our chests were touching, i could feel his heart beat, it beating at the same time as mine. dracos lips moved hungrily against mine, the boy who i had called my bestfriend since first year was kissing me and it felt so right, like it was supposed to happen, everything felt in place.

he pulled away and rested his forehead against mine "it was you" he breathed out, "what?" i asked "when i walked into class, it was you who i smelt" i giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck, our lips connected once more in a passionate kiss that told a thousand words.