3

BLOOD WAS matted in her hair, just some. Nothing worrying. Amara had been training for a few hours, she wasn't even sure. She was covered in dirt and sweat. When she was spotted by someone, she was unlucky to find that it was her mother who noticed her.

"Amara," Leia says, "What happened?"

Amara a little out of breathe from training gives a small smile, "Uh- um training." She says.

Leia looks at the small scratch on her forehead.

Amara brushes it off, "A branch, mom. I wasn't paying attention for one second."

Leia touches the scratch lightly and looks at her, "Are you sure you don't want me to give you any input from my training with Luke?"

Amara shakes her head, "I'm good, mom. I am going to figure this out myself, but if I need guidance, I'll let you know."

Leia brushed some of Amara's hair behind her ear, "I wish you wouldn't push me away."

Amara held onto her mom's hand, "I need to do this on my own," She says, "I need to figure this out myself."

Leia just nods in support.

3PO comes over, "General Organa," The droid says, "I've been informed that Commander Dameron has arrived at the base."

"Poe?" Amara asks looking at 3PO.

Amara's eyes drift from the droid to her mom.. Leia turns to the droid and gives him a small smile.

"Thank you, 3PO." Leia says.

{THE FORCE AWAKENS}

SHE RAN down the halls without a care in the world. She bumped into people as she sprinted down to the medics. She needed to see Poe.

Amara's body hits another commander, "Oops, sorry-!" Amara called at them.

She turned a corner and then found herself at the door, she watched as the door slid opened and saw Poe being care to by the same medic who looked at her last night. Poe had dried blood on his forehead from his wound there. There looked to be some bruising on that same side near his eye. He had a cut on his lip. Poe winced when the medic touched the cut on the forehead, which only led Amara to slightly wince.

Poe's eyes shift from the floor to her, "Captain Solo," He had a grin, "What do I owe the pleasure?"

Amara couldn't help but smile and take a step forward, but then indirectly hesitated. She looked from Poe to the medic in the room.

"I uh- Can we have a moment alone?" Amara asks.

The medic looks at her and then nods. Amara and Poe watched the female medic leave them alone.

"Alone? What's so important you had to wait for someone to leave us-," Poe was cut off.

Amara had thrown herself onto him and hugged him tightly. She rested her head on his shoulder and her hands were on the back of his head and back. Poe seemed stunned by this.

"Um- didn't know we were at the physical part of our friendship." Poe says.

Amara shakes her head, "Shut up," She says, "Shut up, I was so damn worried."

Poe looks at her. He rested his hand on the back of her head, lowering it to the back of her neck. His other hand rested on her upper back.

"I told you I'd come back," Poe says softly, "I always do."

Amara nods, "I know," She frowns, "But- But you almost didn't."

Poe pulls her out of the hug and looks at her. Tears have been building around her eyes, which was now red.